DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys we tried to do the atc swap and something went wrong (as you can read in my earlier post) so we decided to put the original harness and mtc back in. We reconnected everything the way it is supposed to be and put the car back together. Now we have a couple of problems;

1. Car is in limp mode and wont shift out of second!
2. Cluster has the squares on all of the gears.
3. MTC wont shturn off at all and we cant turn the defroster on.
4. When shifting the car stutters as if it has a rough time getting into the gear.
5. The speedometer is not working
6. Lastly the only code we get is code 1698. Which is a TCM code.

Anybody ever encounter this kind of problem before? Any ideas on what is going on here? We think it might be the BCM but not sure. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Tom

·
Registered
715 Posts
i did a quick search and it states "no bus message from tcm"
be sure you plugged everything back in and make sure the connections are snug. next move on to fuses to be sure something didn't short out.
also looks like another member had a similar problem here

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well after some more testing today installed another bcm the a/c and defroster work fine and it is able to be turned of tho the car still seems to be hitting twice when putting it into drive. and of course the car is still in limp mode. could a sensor for the tranny blow just from a simple atc install really trying to help figure this out for my buddy since its in his car. 2 atc installs no problems 3 well it didnt go as planned

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
maybe for some reason the car thinks it's in autostick mode all of the time??

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the car was brought in and the car had 9 blown fuses under the hood and some wire was messed up according to my friend but he was sure the exact stuff due to his wife having the paper work. tho the a/c and defroster is still not working which leads me to believe the bcm is shot just for the fact it worked when we put the other one in before replace the old one before the mechanic got it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.