DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A while back, my car flashed a code of 45 and the dealer told me I would need a new transmission. The care hasn't been giving me any trany signs so far (as of this second). But, all of the things I have seen on this site talk about limp mode possibly coming (I guess limp mode is to protect the tranny).

97 dodge intrepid 137,000 miles.

Is there a way to disconnect the Limp Mode feature ( a fuse or wire) on the transmission, so I can actaully drive the car until I have to replace the tranny?

Thanks,

confused

·
Registered
728 Posts
My 42LE manual says code 45=Internal transmission controller. It does not state any diagnostic procedure. It just states to replace the TCM.
Anyone else need anything out of the 42le FSM while I have it in the house,lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more info

Cool cars.

The dealer gave me the codes p1799 calculated oil temp; p1738 High temp logic; P0740 Torue converter clutch; and P1791 Lose of Prime.

I haven't experience any problems yet, Just the light came on. Someone had told me to replace the input, output sensors on the tranny, so I plan to that next weekend.

But I was curious if it was possible to some how disconnect that limp mode, I had an old camaro, that the tranny started slipping, but it lasted several years, so I was thinking that the computer system will eventually kick it into limp mode and keep me from getting further life out of the the car.

If I have to replace the trany, I rather get as much mileage out of the old one first.

Thanks,

confused

·
Registered
321 Posts
yeah my car just last night started to do the Limp mode thing and i 3 weeks ago replaced just the imput sensor because i could not get to the 2nd sensor its out of reach from under neath i just, from under there there is no way to see which sensor is which thats the problem, and i have no codes or trouble lights coming on in the car but its in limp mode now. grrr. i have 130,147 miles on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts