DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, need some help...started up my car the other night after work and noticed the check engine light was on and the car wouldn't shift into third gear, so i pulled over, checked the codes and the infamous p0700 code came up. After reading here, everyone says it's usually the input/output sensors. Just got those changed, and nothing...one question i have is do i need to disconnect the battery after changing the sensors for the comp. to reset or should it have already started running fine already? and what other problems do i need to check? Tranny fluid level is good, clean, and smells fine. Please help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok...did the battery disconnect thing...left it disconnected for an hour, still the same old problem. Codes are still there, car is still in limp mode.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
you shure you got new sensors? because i had the same exact problem last week, went to the dealer, got new sensors, and it is fine

·
Registered
715 Posts
the 700 code is just a generic code saying something is wrong within the trans system. you will need to take it somewhere to have the codes pulled from the tcm (transmission control module). these will pinpoint exactly what is wrong. yes, the I/O sensors are sometimes the problem, but not always. i replaced mine only to find i wasted 40 bucks. i ended up needing a new tcm altogether. keep us posted once you have the codes pulled...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
or find one on ebay or used at a yard and replace it yourself

·
Registered
715 Posts
Apcsox said:
or find one on ebay or used at a yard and replace it yourself
agree. that is what happened to my trep. mine was still under the power train warranty of 7 yr/80k so i got mine free, but find a yard and replace yourself. shouldn't be hard at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sounds good, i already found one on ebay for around 150 to buy it now...any one know of where i can find instructions on replacing it myself....and if i do the job myself, will the codes clear on their own, or will i need to get a shop to clear the codes for me?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts