DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I've searched the threads and found that if I want to add my Pioneer HU to the factory amp I need a LOC (line out converter). I have checked on a few and I need to know which one would be best for my application.
LOC #1
LOC #2
LOC #3
LOC #4
LOC #5

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
Most of what you'll find, and all of what you've linked to, result in RCA type outputs. Which is not what you really want for this application. Take a look at the PAC OEM-1 and OEM-2. The OEM-1 is a more expensive plug & play option while the OEM-2 requires soldering the connections. But both are designed specifically for what you are attempting to do...

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While looking at the PAC OEM-1 I also found this one Adapter
I think I'll try it. :dance2:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh by the way the hu is Pioneer DEH860mp

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
Well that's anything but an LOC. All it does is convert the raw wires for the speaker lines to RCA plugs. An LOC uses a resistor (poor quality) or transformer (best quality) based circuit to lower the voltage to a level within acceptable range for an amplifier pre-amp circuit. All that does is put RCA plugs on the end or your speaker wires. Again, not at all what you want for your setup as you can't use RCA plugs and without a step down network it's no different than directly connecting the HU to the amp...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts