DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Location of IAT sensor? (Air Intake Sensor)

Sup.

Can someone please tell me where I can locate IAT sensor in Intrepid '99?

Thanks alot.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
He's prolly askin about the intake air temp sensor, which is smack in the middle of the 1st gen 3.5L plenum. I'm not sure where they are in 2nd gens though.... 2.7L or 3.2L?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW I got Intrepid '99 2.7L and yes it is the intake air temp sensor.
I can't locate it, I don't know how it looks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
urmdvx said:
BTW I got Intrepid '99 2.7L and yes it is the intake air temp sensor.
I can't locate it, I don't know how it looks.
It is a black connector on the right side of your throttle body beside a silver line. Has two wires sticking out of it. I will try and take a picture for you once I get home.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picture would be GREAT help. Thanks.
I don't wonna make any mistakes because this is my FIRST car.

Later.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sup. I'm not changing it, I want to put resistor there to make computer think that Air temp is always cool so the engine will eat more AIR and give me constant power.
You know that during the summer all cars go weak because air temp sensors tell computer to eat less air because its warm, so fuel/oxygen ratio changes and the power goes down. When you put resistor MOD in IAT it gives same air temp readings to Intrepid's computer and makes it believe that air temp is cool, so more air goes in.
I've read about this in forums and lots of people do that, even my friends(one of my friends took IAT and threw it away in his Pontiac and it runs much better now). It gives you 10-15 HP and NO damage to your engine.
Please don't tell me it's wrong, I just want to try it and see the results.
I will post the results after I try it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BTW it will eat even more air because I got K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'd like to know if this works.

·
Registered
217 Posts
10 to 15 BHP by putting a resistor jumper on the IAT???? Wow, let me know if that works....I'll be all over that.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Tried it, its garbage. Not even worth your time to find the right resistor. The resistor that is needed is REALLY HIGH, There is a chart in the Hayes manual about what size resistor it needs.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Good Morning!
What is REALLY high? Here in the electronics world,mega-resistance in Not a problem.. I'd like to check out this computer deception! Thanks!
Alarkyokie

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Guess!

I GOT the resistor, it is Intrepid DRAG RACE MOD +20HP resistor(people call it like this).
I don't know why +20, it gives only up to 15HP. You can get one at eBay.
Tested by Intrepid fans - heard no negative feedbacks about it, only happy once.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guess said:

It is a black connector on the right side of your throttle body beside a silver line. Has two wires sticking out of it. I will try and take a picture for you once I get home.
I looked at passenger side throttle body and found 2 similar connectors, one ofthem has 3 wires and the other has 4 wires. I don't know which one is the one.

Do you have 2.7L? Can you take a pic and circle the correct connector?

·
Registered
685 Posts
So did you put the resistor on yet...what were the results, I have a 2nd gen and would do this for 15hp....where did you get the resistor? How much was it and did you install it yourself.....easy?lemme no urmdvx, thanx

·
Registered
28 Posts
i also would like to place one in my 99 3.2L if any one knows ware to put it

thanks
David

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I see around 200 people viewed this forum and NON of you knows where IAT sensor located, come on..........
At least 1 or 2 should know about it, I see so many guys who know alot about Intrepids and non of them know about IAT connector hmmmmmmm.............this sux.

"Guess" I sought you know the location of IAT. Please email me a pic of it. I want to test it and post the results so if it works many people will try it too and be happy with few more HP.

Maybe some of you have friends who are car mechanics, maybe thay can help us out.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts