DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Intake air temp sensor is the grey electrical connector on the upper intake manifold, located on the driver's side. There are two vacuum hoses connected to the manifold, just behind the IAT.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I installed a new sensor in my CAI (left original one it it's current location in the plenum) and just rerouted my connector. I was hoping that the cooler air would do the same thing as the resistor. However, since I did this at the same time I built my intake, I'm not sure if it is contributing any to my better performance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
"solomd" THANKS A LOT MAN!
Finally I can test it.
BTW those resistors at radioshack are may not be the once you need for Intrepid. And the difference can be seen during the summer when the air is hot and perfomance goes down.
I bought one that was tested and "kinda proven" to work.
I dono I won't be sure till I try it so got to test it first and if there is a time I will test performance at a car shop's computer so the numbers will speak clearly(if I will find one nearby).

Later.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)

·
Registered
458 Posts
urmdvx said:
"solomd" THANKS A LOT MAN!
Finally I can test it.
BTW those resistors at radioshack are may not be the once you need for Intrepid. And the difference can be seen during the summer when the air is hot and perfomance goes down.
I bought one that was tested and "kinda proven" to work.
I dono I won't be sure till I try it so got to test it first and if there is a time I will test performance at a car shop's computer so the numbers will speak clearly(if I will find one nearby).

Later.
Sorry to say, but they are the same resistors you can get anywhere else, just need to match up the resistance

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
urmdvx said:
Still trying to find a good carshop to test my mod on their computer. I can't say I feel real power, but my torque feels stronger. I wonna see the numbers.......need to find where to test it.
it's called a dyno, nothing like spending $75 to try and prove a $2 mod worked

why not go to your local dragstrip on a test and tune day, then you can do back to back runs with and without the radio shack tune up in place

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
It's true that you can buy those resistors anywhere.
But I don't know anything about resistors and don't have time to research about it, so I had to buy it from the web.

You think that radioshack guys will inform me and give me the correct one.....hmmm.....I doubt it.

About the testing - I live in New York City, you know any places I could do it for less? NOT $75 I don't think I can get the results from running back and forth, I need precise timing.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
$75 is about the average you will pay for a dyno testing

like I had mentioned in earlier posts I am trying to set up a dyno meet here in CT very soon, that should be less but don't expect any place to be able to "discount dyno" your car. i don't think I would trust the results of any shop that would test a car for $20

Test and tune days at the track are well under $50 and that gives you precise measurements, timeslips don't lie, they show you EXACTLY what your car did

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Just curious if 2nd gen engines have knock sensors. If they do, your results may be negligible to minimal at best because the PCM will override any increase in timing based on the IAT reading if it tries to advance the timing too much. If you don’t have knock sensors, well, then detonation may occur and I’d shut her down immediately if you begin to hear pinging. I'm still interested in your results though. Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It won't advance too much, because the resistor I got will give temp. readings as 57 degrees all the time. So its like driving during the winter at full power.

·
Registered
16 Posts
anyone ever get results on this one?

Dave

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Probably not. Since as Argus stated knock sensors will negate any advance in timing that this mod gives. And your O2 sensors will sense a rich setting and compensate for the extra fuel being dumped in. So no, I doubt it will work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is a black connector on the right side of your throttle body beside a silver line. Has two wires sticking out of it. I will try and take a picture for you once I get home.
Finally somebody that can answer the question instead of getting off on all these questions about modifying and getting 10 to 15 horsepower more. You are correct about the location. Thank you again

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I insert the ait sensor in the air intake am I supposed to have the sensor horizontal or vertical up and down. As in the direction of the airflow. I would think it goes vertically up and down so the air can use all of the sensors on that tip. Thank you for any help

·
Woober Goobers!
50,360 Posts
For the IAT......

Attachments

·
Woober Goobers!
50,360 Posts
And for the IAC and TPS.........

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
For the IAT......
I got your attachments for the downloads. But it doesn't show if it should be horizontal or vertical when I insert it. There is no position to where you can turn it and it kind of locks in place. I can basically just keep turning it around and around and there's no slot to let me know how it's supposed to sit.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,360 Posts
You didn't observe how it was positioned when you removed the original?

Is the replacement identical to the original?

If it's the Intake Air Temperature Sensor, positioning shouldn't matter. Just stuff it in there.

I don't have a 2.7L so I can't compare.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts