DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my AAA membership just expired and I need to get my keys out. have any of u experianced this? thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I remember once I bumped my trep and the doors "locked" with the key in the ignition. I thought that was weird. Only happened once. You know I heard, don't know if its true but if you lock your keys in your car, and lets say you call your wife or husband, someone who has the spare keyless entry pad, that if they hold the pad up to their cell phone and you hold your cell phone to the door on the car and they press unlock, it'll "unlock" the door. I don't know if its true or not so don't count me to it but something I heard.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Intrepidman21 said:
lets say you call your wife or husband, someone who has the spare keyless entry pad, that if they hold the pad up to their cell phone and you hold your cell phone to the door on the car and they press unlock, it'll "unlock" the door. I don't know if its true or not so don't count me to it but something I heard.

HA-HA that is a good one!! :claps:

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
OnStar is a HUGE waste of money......unless you fancy locking your keys inside your car :p

.....my Intrepid won't let me lock my doors if the keys are in the ignition.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Yeah mine won't lock if the key is ALL the way in the ignition. And hitting the lock knob only locks the one door. I stopped one night on my way home at Walmart to pick up something. For whatever stupid reason, I pulled my key part way out so the chime wouldn't be going off while I was on the phone asking my wife what she needed. Sure enough, I locked them in the car. If they were in all the way it wouldn't have locked. Well, at least our house is about 4 blocks away so my wife walked over to unlock the car. Oops!

Her new Saturn has onstar free for one year. Haven't needed the onstar yet, but the hands free calling is really nice. I'd like to keep the hands free after the year is up but unfortunately you have to keep up the onstar subscription to use the hands free. that sux.

·
Registered
734 Posts
can't the dealers program a spare keyfob using the VIN number? just a thought

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
nightspeed98 said:
can't the dealers program a spare keyfob using the VIN number? just a thought
For those with RKE, probably. I don't, so its a call to the wife for the spare set!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Avenger said:
OnStar is a HUGE waste of money......unless you fancy locking your keys inside your car :p

.....my Intrepid won't let me lock my doors if the keys are in the ignition.

Avenger

Have to disagree with you on this one onstar actually does help law enforcement and ems in many ways not just a door unlocking service big help in locating cars in accidents where the location is unknown.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.