DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this isn't the first time I've done this, but it is the first time I've done it in the Benzo.

Did it a couple times before in the R/T...

Tonight was fun... it went like this

2.7 (SE) pull up next to me at light where right lane ends (I'm in left)
2.7 is inching forward just waiting for the light to turn and wants to get in front
Light turns green, 2.8 > 2.7, therefore, 2.7 is behind me on two lane road for a while
2.7 proceeds to ride my ass even with me doing 8 over the speed limit
I get onto a toll road (408), 2.7 follows
I proceed to accelerate normally to interstate merging speed while 2.7 still rides my ass
Once on the interstate, I open up the 2.8, and the 2.7 drifts farther and farther away. Look down, I'm going 120. I remember the 2.7 can only go 108 or 112 or whatever it is, so I being to slowdown
The 2.7 pulls next to be against his limiter so I match, its 108.
Driver looks to be about 17, he looks confused as to why he isn't gaining anymore speed.
I proceed to pull away and get back up to around 125, then slow back down to 73 and let him do his fly-by.
He gets off at my exit and I end up catching him at the light. I ask him why he didn't go any faster when I pulled next to him. He says "I thought I saw a cop" and I reply "so continuing to go 108 is a good idea?" He doesn't answer, light turns green, and he speeds off.

Absolutely zero cars on the road or else I would not have done this.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
i wish the 3.2's weren't limited at 119... i'd like to see Raptor hit 150 on a race track - wouldn't dare try it on a highway...

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
That's why you get a performance car that will reach 135 half a mile earlier than an LH. I've always been partial to Mustangs, like the GT I used to have.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
None were built in Delaware?
nadda...........

There was a mamber here back in 2003-4 when the last 2004 intrepid was rolling through the plant in canada, and they talked about how they all signed something inside it or somewhere before it was put togather so no one will ever know about it unless they took it apart....... I thought that ws pretty cool!!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
No kiddin I wish the SLS wasn't limited to 112...accelerating along and then bam it's like the brakes were hit and the DIC says TOP SPEED---FUEL CUT OFF. I need some STS tuning then I'll be hitting 155 all day LOL.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts