DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Generating clever phrase...
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the street races around here. They're not in the best part of Detroit, but never the less. I watched a bunch of good races then I see these two cavaliers goin at it. I decide to jump in. The cavalier I raced had a total ricer fart can on it and flashing underbody neons. We go off the line and I had him at about 70mph when someone pulled infront of me a ways down the road so I lift. We pull up to a light and he starts talkin smack. He says that he was only at 1/2 throttle. Silly me I didn't know that cavaliers redlined at half throttle. So I say well then lets go here. He says that he isn't going to race with his girlfriend in the car. I ask to pull over and have her flag for us. He says no he has to go home. Then he drives off.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
that reminds me of last night, a kid with a TOTAL rice Cavalier is beside me and he hears my exhaust, starts mouthin off about what did you do to grandma's car and high performance muffler bearings.. I look at him straight faced and tell him bluntly i am not new to cars, he says oh yeah and revs it at the lights, I hit it too to let him know its on, light turns green, I launch smoking both tires and am thru the intersection by the time he starts rolling forward.

I found him in a parking lot later and his buddies were harassing him that he got smoked by 'grandma's car' lol

·
Registered
235 Posts
Cavaliers...

Yeah, big threat.

I wouldn't put a challenger against one of those bad boys, those were built for racing.

< Scoffs >

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I do have to admit tho.. the newer cobalts are fast... although there was the weight advantage she had on my 'trep and being retarded with racing against traffic to win when i le off when i saw people coming

·
Registered
739 Posts
LOLOLOLOLOLOL Cavalier

Doesnt that car have like 100HP? I dont get it sometimes why people under estimate our cars. The 'Trep would walk all over little fart canned Cavaliers. Id hate to see what a 300M would do. :banghead:

Edit: Sorry, 115

Reminds me of:

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I checked it out online, apparently, my 2.7l has 200hp stock and it has horribly smoked 98% of the little boys toys in this town lol... i love my exhaust too.. I ripped out the two back mufflers and now she sounds mean and at idle you dont hear it, so all the little kiddies get nailed by the cops cus 'gandma's' car dont sound like that lol..

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
If you have a good reaction time then most kids in z24's are no match. Most. Of course there is always a chance the kid actually does know what he is doing even if he chose a girls car. Lol

·
Registered
445 Posts
LOLOLOLOLOLOL Cavalier

Doesnt that car have like 100HP? I dont get it sometimes why people under estimate our cars. The 'Trep would walk all over little fart canned Cavaliers. Id hate to see what a 300M would do. :banghead:

Edit: Sorry, 115

Reminds me of:

LOL, did I hear that right?.. he dropped TEN GRAND into a Cavalier? Are you kidding me? Doesn't even look like one of the "nicer" looking cavaliers (rare) either.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Because its so much cooler to have a stock looking, but very expensive cavalier lol
The ten grand is probably stereo equipment, and if the car is ever a total write off he wont get nothing for it lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
10 grand huh? thats like 7,500 USD... well.... it used to be that way...

·
Registered
235 Posts
10 grand huh? thats like 7,500 USD... well.... it used to be that way...
Its probably more like 9,999USD now. :icon_sad:

And I remembered this thread today. I was at a light and some shmuck in a 2 door Cavalier pulls up trying to be all bad ass; revving his engine, blaring his s***ty music. Well, autostick and a 3.5L Magnum HO later, here's how we did.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Canadian Dollar is worth MORE than a US Dollar. First time in like 40 years....
That pic reminds me of a Civic with a fartcan on the back, that tried me in my Firebird.... race started at 60 on the interstate, shifted to 3rd then 4th, by the time I am done in 4th, The Civic was smaller than that. So I dropped it below 135mph........I never shifted into 5th gear...

It may not say much to kill them, but it does give you a warm fuzzy... Good enough for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts