DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was cruising down the street with a couple of friends ( we were 4 in the car )... and I see this stock civic... no fart pipe no nothing just driving like an ass, he would spin wheels when changing gears... and well I didn't like that... cruised like that for a while and then I finally ended next to him ... I was in 3rd gear in autostick at the time... lost some time down shifting... and then finally ended in 1st... the rest is well.. history ! I probably needed 2 seconds to get in front of him and he wouldn't let off the gas so I figured I won't let him fly by me like a ricer so I kept on going... finally let off the gas at about 170k's and I had 8 or more lengths on him at the time.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
The guy in the civic obviously didn't know how to drive..bottom end he should have had you easily, till about 90 k or so. That's the biggest downfall of these monster cars...all top end! Don't get me wrong, I love my Trep...I was out today on some test drives...Mustang GT, Charger ( 3.5 HO ) and an Avenger R/T ( definately the quickest )...the only advantage any of them had was the fuel economy.

·
Registered
758 Posts
you mean a 120hp car should have had me ? what are you smoking ?
are you sure it was even that much hp, its prob more like 90 or was there stickers adding HP

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
My freind in his '06 civic base automatic thinks he can smoke the '02 ES... we kinda raced @ a light after he finished work. I was not shure if he was going to realy go for it so he got me off the line but i cought up quick. He said he let go of the gas @ 60 but i was ahead before. This was not an all out race lol, we where passing tim's @ 12:30am where all the cops hang out lol. I whent up to 80 in a 50 zone so I was taking a risk. The tranny was set in "3" the whole time, think I could take him hands down next time!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
My freind in his '06 civic base automatic thinks he can smoke the '02 ES... we kinda raced @ a light after he finished work. I was not shure if he was going to realy go for it so he got me off the line but i cought up quick. He said he let go of the gas @ 60 but i was ahead before. This was not an all out race lol, we where passing tim's @ 12:30am where all the cops hang out lol. I whent up to 80 in a 50 zone so I was taking a risk. The tranny was set in "3" the whole time, think I could take him hands down next time!
Your friend is on CRACK. I have an '06 Civic base 5-speed, and I KNOW that my Intrepid R/T DESTROYS that car in a race :anon:

·
Registered
54 Posts
All I can say is that I have not yet encountered a civic that has out run my trep.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not to be a d1ck or anything (cuz I drive one as a winter car) but neither an intrepid nor a civic of any year or flavor can be considered anything close to a 'fast' car. Racing either of them is just kinda dumb. One's a sporty grocery getter, the other an econobox.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Well i guess i'll add this little tid bit (Not trying to steal your thread)

When I was driving home in my beater of a saturn (98 SL1 1.9L 100% stock and a bad tranny) Some ahole in a civic was pissing me off so I passed him. Well he turned it into a race and I won. It was the newer civic and sounded like the hybrid.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
My 89 Si smoked many full size V6 and V8, but then they were quicker back then. all I had was a very expensive tune-up...it's not all about horsepower you know.
Yeah torque is also involved but...uhhhh well I don't think a civic has much of that either.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The guy in the civic obviously didn't know how to drive..bottom end he should have had you easily, till about 90 k or so. That's the biggest downfall of these monster cars...all top end! Don't get me wrong, I love my Trep...I was out today on some test drives...Mustang GT, Charger ( 3.5 HO ) and an Avenger R/T ( definately the quickest )...the only advantage any of them had was the fuel economy.
WTF!!?? since when has a Jap automaker been known for low end power and since when has an Avenger R/T been faster than a Mustang GT? Sorry I just couldn't help myself.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
WTF!!?? since when has a Jap automaker been known for low end power and since when has an Avenger R/T been faster than a Mustang GT? Sorry I just couldn't help myself.
Keep the rpms up and a civic will put out more torque bottom end than an Intrepid.

I meant the Avenger was the nicest...mind you the Mustangs aren't what they used to be! I'd still take the Avenger over the GT.

Also, you seem to fortget who makes most of the parts on your car!

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Well i guess i'll add this little tid bit (Not trying to steal your thread)

When I was driving home in my beater of a saturn (98 SL1 1.9L 100% stock and a bad tranny) Some ahole in a civic was pissing me off so I passed him. Well he turned it into a race and I won. It was the newer civic and sounded like the hybrid.
I had a 2000 SL1...traded it on the Trep...not bad for pep, but shifted like the old Fieros...couldn't wind them out like a civic...a hybrid would explain it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts