DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
The fastest firing mini gun in the world at only 3,000 rounds per min and it's only a 30 cal. I don't thing so. The 20mm guns on US Warships fire a little over 6,000 rpm and the Russian 630 ADGM fires over 8,000 rpm of 30mm shells. Fun to watch any mini gun ripping up stuff.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
SPOOK R/T said:
The fastest firing mini gun in the world at only 3,000 rounds per min and it's only a 30 cal. I don't thing so. The 20mm guns on US Warships fire a little over 6,000 rpm and the Russian 630 ADGM fires over 8,000 rpm of 30mm shells. Fun to watch any mini gun ripping up stuff.
LOL cut him some slcak, at least it's not a re-post. Nice vid. Curt, that's a good show.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
No not Maverick, the dumb ass on the video speaking in the back ground.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Is it possible that those others aren't "Mini-guns"...

But actually, they say it is the fastest gun in the world... Not true.

Isn't the Pheonix ship anti-missile gun the fastest???

·
Registered
202 Posts
The tracer rounds are what, every 10 or 20 on the ammo belt like that? Really gives a good idea as to the mammoth firepower that thing is putting out..

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
All those hot empty shell's landing all over it must have done wonders for the paint job. The Phalinx is the 20 mm gun anti missile weapon mounted on naval ships.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
AC 130 gunships(USAF) have two 20mm miniguns (5000rpm each!),along with a 40mm Bofars cannon (6 round clip) AND a 155mm howitzer.
Orbits around a target anywhere up to 20,000' and can fire any
or all weapons guided by 'my' fire control radar,I/R camera or video camera.Pilot sights throug a 12" plexi heads-up display at his left window. The Hulbert guys printed up t-shirts when they went after Noriega in Panama that said "You can run, but you'lljust die tired!"
I still have one!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
It's a seawhiz right? the mount that carries the Phanlanx on the side of ships?....my friend watched them test one and said it was pretty cool :)

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you can have the fastest gun that you want, id rather take this :D

its the Gau8 off an a-10 warthog, they use depleted uranium shells and bust through tanks. here is one of the shells its fires:

The Avenger is an awesome weapon mounted only on the venerable A/OA-10 attack jet. The GAU-8 is a 30mm, 7 barrel gattling gun used primarily in the air to ground role as a soft target killer and tank buster. The Avenger is the only fighter gattling gun that retains its brass for recycle after the slugs are fired. The gun fires 3,900 rounds per minute, with a mix of both armored piercing incendiary (API) and high explosive incendiary (HEI). The entire front one- third of the A-10 consists of the gun. Many joke about the GAU-8 being designed first, with the airplane built around the gun after.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts