DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all started out last night, on a two lane highway, I was going a bout 88 when a blue GT pulled up next to me. He started revin his engine and pulling away, at first my friend said you cant match that so I floored the sucker, next thing you know.. the gt and I are neck and neck theres a car about 750ft away, both engines are soaring and roaring he started to pull away then out of no where I gained on him I was about 113 he was probably 110 I just kept it floored, the car only moments away as Im almost half a car infront of him now hes backin off since the car, just in time for him to pass the car and go up for round two, then three and finally turn off, man it was cool.

my car 02 intrepid se
his car 03 mustang gt
pretty good match I would say lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
true he probably didnt try very hard, those gt's have alot of power under that hood, lol but it was still fun. Im not trying to boost my ego, but it might not have been a gt because he was never fully infront of me just his door was at my bumper, so I really never saw the gt just the white stripe with mustang under the door, but it was still a blast

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
lol about the dual exausts i dont think it did but it may have although it was about 8:33pm so I really couldnt see, plus I was too buzy trying to keep up or beat him, I really doubt it was a gt because today I seen one and it wasnt like the one I raced, so in otherwords It was just a mustang with a v6 probably nothing fancy, except the visual, the engine did not have a blow off valve as I wouldve heard it.
But honestly I was going about 110 for a while a good 3 miles at least, we raced through 2 and a half towns on the way from greeley, and about the 100mph thing.. I didnt think of the bad things just the good like "this is flippin fun, and Im gonna smoke these fools" right before I smoked him I was at about 97mph then he took off ahead of me.. and right before I floored it my friend was just about to say "smoke these fools" and next thing you know I'm gaining on him going at about 102, now were neck and neck and I still have it floored, and next thing you know hes eating my exaust, and theres a semi in front of him(about a mile up the road), so I keep it floored and he started catching back up, now hes at my door and I look at the speedometor and it says 109, right after I look up in a few seconds the mustang is completely behind me by my bumper, the semis now about 1000ft in front and I hear his car roarin and my car roarin and that dude had to slow down because the semi was in front, after that he turned off on the next exit (that was round 3 btw)
My friend and I both couldnt believe it thats why I posted this because I never thought I could match a mustang, yet alone beat one, but low and behold I did and it was a thrill, and the andrenaline rush... man like no other, it was not a gt though. (so i fixed my first post)
(he might have beat me if he didnt have to slow down those times)

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
He let you go.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Me and my mom rented a 06 Mustang V6 in las vegas last year, and that thing was GUTLESS. The whole time I was thinking how I could probably put up a good match with my Intrepid. After about 65 it was pretty decent but up to that it was a pooch. Not sure if rental cars are tuned down a bit or what but I wasnt impressed. I also didnt like it cause we were sposed to get a Charger but they didnt have any and stuck us with the ford.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
2002 SE 2.7L 200 HP @ 5800/190 ft lbs @ 4850

2003 Mustang 3.8L 193 HP @ 5500/225 ft lbs @ 2800

2003 Mustang GT 4.6L 260 HP @ 5200/302 ft lbs @ 4000

The Intrepid is heavier than the GT by about 200 lbs and heavier than the V-6 Mustang by over 300 lbs. You definately weren't racing a GT. Kinda suprised by that really low RPM for peak torque out of the V-6, I fibured it would have been a little higher in the rpm's.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
I drove both models of the 08 last fall and they would both very easily beat an Intrepid. Not as exciting as they were in the late 80's though.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I drove both models of the 08 last fall and they would both very easily beat an Intrepid. Not as exciting as they were in the late 80's though.
I just beat a Porsche 911 GT2 with my 300M, and I didn't even leave 3rd gear.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts