DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dropping in to say Hello. Havent been here in quite a long time. Dont even know if anyone here remembers me or not. Anyway I have a question.
Thinking about buying an 01 Sebring convertible. Is the 2.7 in that the same as the treps? Does it have the same problems as the trep 2.7s? I traded in my 01 trep back in 03 becasue I didnt want to deal with the potential problems of the 2.7. Should I run from this car? here it is. click on this, http://www.sherwoodofsalisbury.com/used_cars/used_search.php
go to body styles click convertible and it will be the first one. Any info or help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Yes, its the same engine. Only difference is in how its mounted. Intrepid is front to back like a rear driver, the Sebring is side to side like a front driver.The vin on the trep will have an r and yours will have a u. Depending on who you talk to the sludg issue was solved starting with the 2001 models or it was never really solved at all. I have an 01 trep 2.7 with 107000 miles on it running full synthetic and never had a problem with it. Hope this helps. :bgtup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts