DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have over 139 thousand on my intrepid es 3.2. From the looks of what I can tell, I don’t think it’s been replaced before? Everything runs amazing. No weird noises from belts, leaks or anything. I haven’t had money to replace the timing belt and or water pump. But at the moment, the car literally works brand new!

my question is: what’s the longest everyone’s gone without replacing their timing belts in the intrepid!?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought my 01 Concorde 3.2 second hand but it had a gates timing belt sticker under the hood that stated 160,000 was when it was changed, if that’s true, is definitely excessive lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked all over the place for any indications including looking up the car fax history report, it had damn near everything else done to it BUT the belt. New inner and outer tie rods, lower control arms, bulbs, hood props, serpentine belt, new tires, brakes, rotors, battery, battery cables and so fourth! It’s my daily driver! It has 139594. When I bought it, it had 139000. The previous owner before me, she took it in a shop every time something needed to be done. So it’s well maintained!

·
Premium Member
17,801 Posts
so I have over 139 thousand on my intrepid es 3.2. From the looks of what I can tell, I don’t think it’s been replaced before?...
Word on the street is that factory-original belts have orange markings; replacements (Gates) have either white or green markings.

Don't get complacent because of the good experience. My 3.2 belt replacement (Gates) belt broke 5k miles short of the change interval - I was a couple of days from ordering parts for the job when that happened. I ended up scrapping the engine and saving the body because of other factors (engine questionable, body good).

Reactions: sully56345

·
Registered
766 Posts
i replaced 1 in a 3.2 years ago.
it was 11 years old then, and had 230k km.
that would be about 140k miles and it was original.
it 's not a thing of pride to be highest.
it's playing with the longevity of the engine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I still plan on replacing the timing belt and pump. Just as of right now I haven’t got money but places to be. Lol. I’ll have to open the timing over and see if it’s been replaced or not. Beings I don’t have any replacement stickers under the hood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts