DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just for the heck of it, what is the longest trip you've taken in your car...and how did it go...has to be an LH model...

For me, 2300 miles...Ohio to Carlisle, PA, to Maryland, to Virginia, then several parts of North Carolina, than back to Ohio...she ran flawlessly!!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
'bout the same miles, Whitby, Buffalo, Cincinnati (Tom's), across Kentucky, up through West Virginia & Pa to Erie, then back home. Averaged 24.8 MPG for the trip.

·
Dain bramaged
7,214 Posts
from maryland to la grange KY bout 631 mi – about 9 hours 38 mins according to google maps.

rolled 100k on the way home.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Work to home feels like the longest, but I guess home to Whitby to Carlisle via very scenic route and back home. About 1200 miles in 3 days.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Honestly, I think the trip to Danisle in March is the farthest I've gone in the Trep!. Lame!

I put about 15,000 highway miles on my '89 olds Ciera driving back and forth from Saginaw MI, to Houghton MI (Michigan Tech University) in the 4 years I went there.

I guess I gotta take a road trip! Sad thing is, if and when we do go somewhere, it will most likely be in the Pacifica.

·
nobags noswitches nofatbitches
1,014 Posts
longest trip with me driving was from sarnia, to st thomas, down to chatham, around down there, and back to sarnia... car was kickin the bucket the whole way. once i got back into sarnia the car stalled 3 times on me b4 i got home

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,879 Posts
Round trip to Florida from NYC

·
nobags noswitches nofatbitches
1,014 Posts
i forgot to add my moms driven it to belleville On and back, sarnia to belleville like 400-500 miles one way.. that was back when it was unmolested

·
Registered
87 Posts
A trip from Stratford Ont. to Tunica Mississippi. In my 97 Trep 3.3 1949.7 miles round trip and it ran great.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Went from my place in close to North Bay Ontario to Whitby and then to Shawn's in Chatham, that's like 700-800km if not more. Then did some cruising from Chatham to London then St-Thomas then Chatham. Few days after that it was return trip from Chatham to Whitby then home. Well over 2000km in a bit more than a weekend.

Danaslile will be the longest trip at over 1000km one way.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
First full family trip.

New wife, her (our) 3 teenagers,

94 intrepid es 3.3 LHS leather,(LHS wheels new tires).

Nova Scotia-Carslile PA (last day for chrysler show)

Girls got thier nails done, David and i checked out what was left in the show field.

Carslile - Greenville sc to visit her aunt ,tire rotation and balance check.

Greenville -Washington DC ( i know they change the signs around on purpose)

Even loaded the old girl just loved pulling through the mountains of Virginia!

Washington DC- to Bar Harbor Maine and cought the CAT home (awsome ship).

Car performed flawlessly had to stop one and let the ac thaw out.

Car is still running strong ,my sister has it now.

·
Registered
715 Posts
1500 miles, indiana to nc to gatlinburg and back. 26mpg, no problems at all and 75mph up the side of the mountains rocks! 3.2l converted SE

·
Generating clever phrase...
688 Posts
I didn't do much. My house to Central Michigan University. 162 miles there. Then took the scenic route home to see some friends. 314 Total.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The ohio meet III is gonna be the biggest trip for me. Its only 187 miles from here and then back. Never really needed to go that far in my car. Indy is about as far as it has been and it ran great the whole way there and back numerous times. Its about an 90 mile round trip.

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
both the special, and the intrepid( when i had it) from nashville tn to Kennan wi, 1300 miles each way,
the trep would give me 33 MPG,, the special gives about 27, had the trep to ohio maybe 20 times (was dating the wife then) the special has been there maybe 5 times

·
Registered
840 Posts
till now, my trip surprised not only me.

i had a 2 weeks vacation allotment on June 2007. then i decided to go to Grand canyon.

it was so rush that i did not have any map.

changed the oil next day and go.

i have to search and below is what i wrote on 19th June 2007:

took 400, 401, 402 in Canada down to Sarnia.

then i-80,i-76,i-70,191 into Utah.

stayed about a full afternoon at canyon land and about 3 hours at national arches.

half day at grand canyon include went down to the canyon.

i-40,i-93.

toured on the Strips for about 5 hours and left at 11PM

i-15,i-10。

blown a tire at LA.

used i-5 to north.

than transcanada1 from Vancouver all the way back to home。

about 11,000KM or 7,000 miles in 10 days.

car?

99 Intrepid 3.3L with about 350,000 KM or 220,000 Miles at that time.

i love 3.3L.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I drove my 2001 Intrepid SE from upstate NY to Houston Texas back in 2003. Took 36 hours (about 1630 miles) each way. I ended up putting 4500 miles on the Trep in a week! Ran flawless and I was getting up to 31 mpg! Ah, the good old days. The price of gas was average $1.30 per gallon at the time.

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
The longest trip I have gone (With me driving) on with Trep is from Charleston, SC to Cleveland, OH 720 miles, but is has made that same trip and back about once a year for the past 14 years. That is how 20,000 miles of the 243,000 that is on there now got there. Also went back and forth from Charleston, SC to Norfolk, VA once a month for about 3 years. It has been to Charleston, SC to Hickory, NC a few times. Ya this car has seen a lot of Interstate travel.

I just added it up and I figured over the last 14 years this car has seen roughly 28,520 miles of traveling.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts