DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I haven't been around because I have moved AGAIN and what do you know,,,,,I find a 2000ish ES. ON BLOCKS! I have talked to all the neighbors along the whole street and i get the same story from everyone I speak to. " That car has been sitting thier since last Oct. The first thing i thought of was that the Marine was on delpoyment, I did some research and no unit is still gone that left around that time frame. This is a shame in my opinion (and i know you all think the same). So what can I do LEGALLY to get this car in my hands? their has to be a way to get this car. If you all help me we have a pretty nice parts car.

I don't know how good the interior is because the sun roof is busted out and it has rained within the last few months.
The outside,,,, the only thing i have seen is that the passenger back door is smashed in.

Again if you all can help me in getting this car it will be OURs. not MINE.

Here she is......

·
Woober Goobers!
50,122 Posts
Let's see here. First off you'd need to find out who the registered owner is. Possibly by running the plate number to the DMV. I bought a car from someone once that didn't have title. The guy I was buying it from said the guy he bought it from didn't give him the title. I did have an expired registration card and bill of sale. With that I went to the DMV and was told to send a registered letter to the last owner on record and wait for it to come back unopened. With the unopened letter in hand and the rest of the paperwork a title was issued to me. This was all done in Northern California when I lived there. I'd check with the DMV about what the possibilities are.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IS300M said:
Is that a car cover on the ground, and is the moonroof open?
Yeah it's a cover and the moon roof is broken. lol i found it and put it on it just in case i do get it. It's not the correct size for it so i always blows off the car. i finally said F it.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
IS300M said:
Is that a car cover on the ground, and is the moonroof open?
the glass is busted.

·
Registered
627 Posts
you can do a lein and own the car in 30 days

·
Registered
795 Posts
You'll most likely have to call the police, report it as an abandond vehical, and try to stay in the loop for when they or the towing company sell it in an auction. Is it on private or public property? If it's in someones driveway your SOL.... on the street shes fair game! (could be stolen, involved in some crime, who knows, get ahold of the Police and make it known you want it)

A lein is only available if the owner owes you money (for repairs, storage, ect) You can't just pick some car and say "it's mine"

To Quote the Cal. DMV:
If a vehicle has been abandoned on public property, may I do a lien sale?

No. The vehicle has to be located on your property for you to do a lien sale on that vehicle.

·
Registered
627 Posts
ill buy the front bumper from you w/fogs lol.........no really

·
Registered
627 Posts
oh yea move it to the street then you could do a lein

·
Registered
795 Posts
should get the vin and someone run it through Carfax or something (I'm curious as to how such a nice car ended up like that....)

·
Woober Goobers!
50,122 Posts
Get me the VIN and I'll run a report.

·
Registered
175 Posts
veks039 said:
oh yea move it to the street then you could do a lein
and if a cop happens to come by while you are doing that it's grand theft auto....

Run the reg at the DMV, run the vin if you can. It appears to be in a driveway of some kind- who owns the driveway? If it's an apartment/condo complex contact the management and ask them who owns it. If they don't know it would have been towed as abandoned already (unless the tenants just moved...)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
The rims could've been stolen since it's on blocks like that....maybe the guy was deployed and somebody stole his wheels?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DJDiggler said:
Is it on private or public property? If it's in someones driveway your SOL.... on the street shes fair game! (could be stolen, involved in some crime, who knows, get ahold of the Police and make it known you want it)
This is on a Military base so it is private property (government property at that). noone ownes or rents the homes on base. and it is just sitting in a parking lot kinda driveway. it's not a homes driveway.

Ronbo said:
Get me the VIN and I'll run a report.
I'll find it for you tonight a send it to you.

justme- said:
and if a cop happens to come by while you are doing that it's grand theft auto....

Run the reg at the DMV, run the vin if you can. It appears to be in a driveway of some kind- who owns the driveway? If it's an apartment/condo complex contact the management and ask them who owns it. If they don't know it would have been towed as abandoned already (unless the tenants just moved...)
that's the thing... some lady has been looking at it. i think she works for base housing. how would they tow it? i think this is why it is still sitting .

·
Registered
347 Posts
That would really suck if it turns out that the car belongs to someone who just got deployed. He might come back and find his car cannibalized for parts.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts