DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family had a casio exilim, forget the model but it was 5.0 megapixel. That was an exceptional camera. However it got stolen. I have been looking at the Casio Exilim EX-Z750 7.2 mega pixel camera. It seems like it will be able to take pictures just as fast and with even higher quality.

Better or worse than the Casio 5.0?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
How about an Exilim EX-Z850? The 1000's are coming out soon with 10 MegaPixel and a 3" display.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
You can pre-order the 10.1 Megapixel Exilim at Amazon.com for $399 free shipping in either Silver or Black.

I've always loved the Exilim series cameras, I have two of them. I still carry the Z50 with me everywhere I go since they are so pocketable.

I really can't see how you can lose with the 7MP version being that they are essentially still using the same engine as your 5MP camera, only better. I'd do it if that's what I was looking for.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
There's four days left, you can always ask them who refurbished them. As in, are they factory refurbished or did Manuel in the back room just clean them off with some alcohol.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
My 5 MP Casio Exilim EX-Z50 was a refurbished product as well. Been working great since. Got it off of eBay also, and like your's, they seller had a short warranty.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I just recently purchased a Canon SD630. Awesome camera, 6MP with a 3" screen. I ruled out Sony quickly as I wanted something that took a non-proprietory memory format. The model 2 down from this cam was rated #1 by Consumer Reports in the ultra compact camera category. I'm quite happy with it. Most of the new pics I've been taking in my 'show of your Intrepid' thread were taken with it.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I just bought a Canon Digital Rebel and I love it. Its not nearly as easy to carry as my small sony, but the pictures are amazing. I've heard very good things about the Casios and as smc said, as long as it was refurbished my the manufacturer I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. Most times manufacturer refurbished products carry the same warranties as new ones and alot of the time there was nothing wrong with them to begin with and they were just store returns that they couldn't sell as new anymore.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
I just bought a Canon Digital Rebel and I love it. Its not nearly as easy to carry as my small sony, but the pictures are amazing. I've heard very good things about the Casios and as smc said, as long as it was refurbished my the manufacturer I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. Most times manufacturer refurbished products carry the same warranties as new ones and alot of the time there was nothing wrong with them to begin with and they were just store returns that they couldn't sell as new anymore.
I actually have two Casio Exilims, the Z50 and the P600. I carry at least one of them with me all the time, sometimes in the same case as the Canon DSLR.

BTW, which lens do you have for your digital rebel? The 18-55 3.5-5.6?

Funny sidenote, the Casio Exilim P600 has a canon lens on it and has more features than the Digital Rebel. My coworker has one and he's so miffed. He's like, "Why does your prosumer camera have more manual capabilities than my DSLR?" Some of the extra manual features are the longer shutter speed settings (up to 60 seconds and then bulb while the Digital Rebel is only 30 seconds and then bulb) and the ability to hook the camera up to an external light source, like light umbrellas.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
BTW, which lens do you have for your digital rebel? The 18-55 3.5-5.6?
Yeah its the 18-55. I still use the sony when I want something thats easy to carry or I just want to snap pictures for ebay or something but I decided for when I want good pictures I really need a camera that gives me a little more control. I picked it up used for $150. The guy only used it a couple times and had the original box & papers, bag, cleaning kit, & 3 CF cards so I really couldn't pass it up!!

Sorry for the hijack. I'll return your thread now 95intrepisize.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts