DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best out of these and has anyone had and history with them on the LH.
I am looking at the SKF, Timken or MOOG. anyone experience or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
Here are a couple of fairly recent discussion of brands of wheel bearings:
http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/showthread.php?p=2167762#post2167762
http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/showthread.php?t=327889

There have been a few reports of bad Timkens on our cars over the years. I've used National on mine, and they have held up well. Looks like they are now owned by TRW/Moog under the Moog brand. Don't know if they are still as good. There are some parts under the Moog name now that it looks to me like you're just paying a lot more for the Moog name and not much different in the parts themselves. But who knows?

Consistently hear/read good things about SKF brand here.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
I had to replace one of my rear hub bearings about two weeks ago. Paid $59 at advance auto. Could have gotten it cheaper if I could have put the order in on their website and use a coupon code. The ones that advance auto list as Moog do come in a box that are labelled National instead. Not sure if Moog is still having them make the bearings or whether they bought the company just for the name on the box.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I had to replace one of my rear hub bearings about two weeks ago. Paid $59 at advance auto. Could have gotten it cheaper if I could have put the order in on their website and use a coupon code. The ones that advance auto list as Moog do come in a box that are labelled National instead. Not sure if Moog is still having them make the bearings or whether they bought the company just for the name on the box.

You'll probably never have to replace a rear wheel bearing if you remove the outer grease
seal and put some good grease in the outer hub where the nut is. It's no different than a
trailer bearing set up. Put a little silicone sealant around the dust cap and your golden.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts