DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a place online to order replacement carpet for an 02 intrepid. It seems 93-97 is readily available, but i can't find any for the 2nd gen intrepids.

Had a nasty windshield leak, ruined the padding beneath the carpet. I can get replacement padding for about $75, but then have to cut and glue it to size. I just wondered if it wouldn't be easier to price a new carpet.

Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
NO ONE MAKES CARPET FOR THE LH LINE....

you have 4 options

1. Junk Yard
2. Someone selling on the Forums
3. Remove yours/power wash/reinstall with new padding
4. Get vinyl floor from Po Po Trep...still available from Chrysler Parts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response. I'll try the power washing route, any suggestions on best type of cleaner? I've been reading you don't want to use detergent. Supposedly 303 Fabric & Vinyl is the best, but it doesn't say anything about mold.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I took mine up to the local DIY car wash in the back of my pickup.... hung it up on the floor mat hooks and blasted it with the soapy water and rinsed....I thought about trying the wax also, but decided I didn't want shiny carpet! Then hung outside to dry all day in 90 degree heat

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I would try to get 300M or LHS carpet since it's thicker, power washing does wonders though. Take seats out, remove carpet, power wash, re-install.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I wouldn't worry about a cleaner. Just soap it up and rinse... Repeat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts