DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2004 dodge intrepid es for my wife. I used to own a custom car shop. But i have never really worked with these cars. I am looking for all the chrome trim i can find for this car, chrome gas door, door handles etc. Also i am looking to put the 18" magnum wheels that are polished on it to give it a little more pop for her. It is silver with all black leather interior. Any ideas? So far i have tinted the windows, put a chrome exhaust tip, and changed interior speakers. We have had it for about a week. Help me out guys, please!!

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
take a look thru the 2nd gen show off section, that will give you many ideas. One that i liked was the 300M guage cluster, i like the look of it on the dash.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
300m dash

so the guages bolt right in with all the sensor lights and all? Also since it is digital would it keep the correct millege?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,349 Posts
I just happen to have a set of 300m gauges for $62 shipped. That is if your car has Autostick, ABS and Traction control. It is bolt in and you just need to swap the clear plastic front bezel with your current Intrepid one (2 screws). If you don't have all three of those items then there are problems. Mileage is stored in the BCM (Body Control Module) and a gauge swap won't change your mileage. Also the back lighting is ElectroLuminescent as in Indiglo on Timex watches. There aren't any bulbs to replace. There is no calibration involved and all the gauges will read at the same levels as your Intrepid cluster. This is the actual guage cluster:

·
Registered
382 Posts
65.00 for a 300M gauge cluster!!!?? sweet buy

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
if I'm not mistaken his car wont have autostick... its an 04 ES... so no autostick because Chrysler cut autostick out after 2002

Welcome man! always happy to see another Silver Intrepid, not to mention one that looks exactly like mine! (cept mines an 02)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah it dosent have autostick, so its a no go then?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
you can get one off of a concorde limited...they are EL, with the chrome, but no autostick...I wish i had ABS and Trac so i could get one...

·
Woober Goobers!
50,349 Posts
That's why I specified what was needed for a drop in. You can go with a Concorde/LHS cluster for a drop in. I'm not sure that you can add the Autostick parts to work on a 2003+ because of the PCM programming. If you can do it..then it's just the floor shifter mechanism, the bezel cover over the shifter, a few wires and an Autostick cluster from any LH car. Maybe $150 in parts at the most. Can someone verify an Autostick upgrade in a 2003+ car?

·
Registered
715 Posts
there is a group buy for the chrome switches and handles. check thru the buy/sell/trade section. welcome to the board!!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
chrome switches? any pics of this stuff?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Ronbo said:
Can someone verify an Autostick upgrade in a 2003+ car?
Pretty sure that noone has done it......I know a guy who tried, but he needs a new PCM with autostick programmed into it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts