DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for something for my hood on my 02 trep. Something like a matte flat black hood decal that goes from each indented body line on the hood to the windshield and down to the front of the hood. A solid sheet. I found a similar one on eBay but it's smaller than I'm describing. Is there a company out there that makes such a design? Or intrepid specific designs? Was thinking about that with a matte black factory spoiler instead of the stock red currently on it. Other thoughts were the bumble bee rear quarter vertical stripes MAYBE or even MAYBE the LeMans fender stripes. But I'm not so sure on those.

Also, I'd appreciate if you guys have anything custom on your second gen trep decal-wise, post up a pic. Im just trying to put some ideas in my head of something to make it stand apart without looking gaudy.

Id really like a resource for the hood graphic though.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I would say for our cars there probably isn't much choice in pre-cut kits for vinyl....I used to work at a place that had a cutter and designer and we custom made vinyl stuff all day and did installs....hit up a google search for your area and look for "custom vinyl graphics" or "vinyl wraps" or something to that effect....then call around and see what the shops can offer...We did a lot of one off stuff...and we weren't a big shop...just remember a roll of vinyl in flat or matte that's 2ft wide costs over $200 usually.....so if they don't have one they might charge u more to order it...but even saying that, for a hood and wing it shouldn't be that much.....

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I'm looking for something for my hood on my 02 trep. Something like a matte flat black hood decal that goes from each indented body line on the hood to the windshield and down to the front of the hood. A solid sheet. I found a similar one on eBay but it's smaller than I'm describing. Is there a company out there that makes such a design? Or intrepid specific designs? Was thinking about that with a matte black factory spoiler instead of the stock red currently on it. Other thoughts were the bumble bee rear quarter vertical stripes MAYBE or even MAYBE the LeMans fender stripes. But I'm not so sure on those.

Also, I'd appreciate if you guys have anything custom on your second gen trep decal-wise, post up a pic. Im just trying to put some ideas in my head of something to make it stand apart without looking gaudy.

Id really like a resource for the hood graphic though.
There are no pre-cut decals that I've ever seen, but its easy enough to spray whatever pattern with organsol blck by PPG, which is what was used on the original muscle cars. Here's my favorite example- my Intrepid:

·
Registered
738 Posts
With all the up-and-coming sticker and sign shops opening up now and day's there really is no need for big-name companies to produce kits. I live in a retarded-rural location and I have 19 different places I can call up and get anything made from a decal that says my name to a billboard sized advertisement.

Technology and low-cost of the equipment has made it a rapidly growing business.

Your best bet is to find a few near you, call them up or just drop in and see what they would want to cut out, and even install for you. My friend is putting a camo wrap all along the bottom of his new 2014 Ram, going to cost him $200.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts