DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to look for a good website that sells new/lightly used factory parts and accessories for my 04 Intrepid SE though i doubt such a thing exists outside of ebay. If it does exist, I'd love to know about it. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
168 Posts
There have been a few older threads on this with the online dealer names & URLS if you want to search the site - some may still be active. There used to be more of these online Mopar dealers (Google "Mopar parts") but some are still around, mostly associated with a Dodge/Chrysler dealther. Many of the their websites use the same interface, where you can search on the part number from the Parts Catalog (pdfs on this site in the Service Information subforums). You may have to search on several of their website to find parts still in stock, since most Mopar parts for Intrepids are no longer being made unless they are interchangeable with more recent Chrysler/Dodge cars. One problem though is that most have high shipping costs. Be sure to search for online reviews of their sites, because some have much better customer service than others.

Your best source as far as price is actually still a junkyard, though many with limited space are crushing Intrepids due to the age. Some junkyards are part of a network where they can order parts from other yards using their own used part interchange manual/website. Other than that for Mopar parts, your sources are ebay and those online Mopar dealers. There are several guys on ebay who bought up Mopar parts lots from closed dealers - I've purchase quite a bit from them. There are also several junkyards on ebay that will list used parts by Mopar part number or the Mopar reman part number (I posted a recent thread on where you can still get the older reman catalogs pdfs online).

Rockauto, the local/online stores (O'Reily, Advance Auto, NAPA, and remaining Car Quest) also often have what you need using aftermarket parts. Rockauto has a lot of NOS brand name parts from many sources, and sometimes even Mopar parts if you search on the part number from the catalog - I just got a Mopar suspension part from searching Rockauto on the part number, since it wasn't listed using the regular Intrepid menus. And even Summit Racing and Jegs may have some Intrepid parts like mufflers from Walker and AP Exhuast.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ok thanks for the info! I'll be sure to look into it.

Few more comments and links on searching for parts:

My main online sources lately have been ebay (using the Mopar part number from the parts catalogs or reman catalogs) and Rockauto.com. I used to get a lot from the local Car Quest store, which like NAPA the pro mechanics used, but Advance Auto bought them out and closed most of the stores; but check if you've still got one nearby. NAPA prices are now high and recent info indicates you can only return parts under warranty to the local store where you bought the part; also lots of complaints about their online site. The local O'Reily, Advance Auto, and Autozone stores will give a nationiwide warranty (they enter your contact info in their computer), but avoid their cheap Chinese parts lines, and instead get the better quality lines. Rockauto is not great on warranty claims, but the prices are good.

I don't know how many of these following parts dealers are still active or if they are decent. It's really important to Google for customer reviews of their site, BBB ratings, etc., because some have poor reviews for customer service. Also, if the site doesn't list a physical address in the contact information, I'd avoid them. If they have a physical addresss listed, you can Google that, and often it will show up as a Chrysler/Dodge dealer that is running the site, which is a good sign. And like I said, check the shipping costs before ordering, because they can be quite high - like $15 for a little $5 part.

Like I wrote you can also search this site for other old threads on Mopar parts, dealers, ebay, etc. for other links. Some guys here have still found good local junkyards with a few Intrepids or similar Chrysler LH cars left to get old parts off of, or else a yard willing to order used parts from their junkyard network. For actual Mopar parts, that's your cheapest source besides the few guys on ebay with the new-old-stock parts hoards they got from closed Chrysler/Dodge dealers.

Below is the link to the previous "parts portal" listing Chrysler/Dodge dealers with factory parts. But it's been redone, so I'm not sure which dealers it uses now or if they are reputable. Might be able to search around on the site to investigate.

Don't know if these links from previous threads are still up. Like I wrote, can also just Google Mopar parts for dealers who are still active sellers.

factorydiscountparts.com
chryslerpartsdirect.com
chryslerpartsdirect.com
moparpartz.com
moparonlineparts.com
chryslerpartscenter.com
discountdodgechryslerjeepparts.com

Here is my post on Mopar remanufactured parts catalogs with part numbers for searching ebay, etc. Most of the Intrepid/LH reman parts are no longer made, but are still around for sale at the sources mentioned.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Few more comments and links on searching for parts:

My main online sources lately have been ebay (using the Mopar part number from the parts catalogs or reman catalogs) and Rockauto.com. I used to get a lot from the local Car Quest store, which like NAPA the pro mechanics used, but Advance Auto bought them out and closed most of the stores; but check if you've still got one nearby. NAPA prices are now high and recent info indicates you can only return parts under warranty to the local store where you bought the part; also lots of complaints about their online site. The local O'Reily, Advance Auto, and Autozone stores will give a nationiwide warranty (they enter your contact info in their computer), but avoid their cheap Chinese parts lines, and instead get the better quality lines. Rockauto is not great on warranty claims, but the prices are good.

I don't know how many of these following parts dealers are still active or if they are decent. It's really important to Google for customer reviews of their site, BBB ratings, etc., because some have poor reviews for customer service. Also, if the site doesn't list a physical address in the contact information, I'd avoid them. If they have a physical addresss listed, you can Google that, and often it will show up as a Chrysler/Dodge dealer that is running the site, which is a good sign. And like I said, check the shipping costs before ordering, because they can be quite high - like $15 for a little $5 part.

Like I wrote you can also search this site for other old threads on Mopar parts, dealers, ebay, etc. for other links. Some guys here have still found good local junkyards with a few Intrepids or similar Chrysler LH cars left to get old parts off of, or else a yard willing to order used parts from their junkyard network. For actual Mopar parts, that's your cheapest source besides the few guys on ebay with the new-old-stock parts hoards they got from closed Chrysler/Dodge dealers.

Below is the link to the previous "parts portal" listing Chrysler/Dodge dealers with factory parts. But it's been redone, so I'm not sure which dealers it uses now or if they are reputable. Might be able to search around on the site to investigate.

Don't know if these links from previous threads are still up. Like I wrote, can also just Google Mopar parts for dealers who are still active sellers.

factorydiscountparts.com
chryslerpartsdirect.com
chryslerpartsdirect.com
moparpartz.com
moparonlineparts.com
chryslerpartscenter.com
discountdodgechryslerjeepparts.com

Here is my post on Mopar remanufactured parts catalogs with part numbers for searching ebay, etc. Most of the Intrepid/LH reman parts are no longer made, but are still around for sale at the sources mentioned.

Thanks so much for this! This really helped me out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts