DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a mac person so not real familiar with all the cords on an IBM. What I am looking for is the name of the box that recieves the inpute from the computer then splits it to two monitors(or a monitor and a projector). Also, if it is possible, it wouldn't be a bad thing if the box had two imputs(so a laptop could also be hooked in without unplugging the computer). I don't know if they have them with two imputs and two outputs but I know they are out there with one input and two outputs. Thanks for any help.
-Taaf-

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
They make them for two inputs and one output as well, it's called a KVM Switch (KVM=Keyboard, Video, Mouse). I would think that you'd simply need some kind of splitter or adapter to output to two different monitors if all you want is to display the same thing on both.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Now that I'm at home, just did a quick search at my favorite local computer store for $10. . .

Click here for product link.

Connects two VGA monitors to one computer with HD15 female port, or vice versa. Ideal for presentations, conferences and training purposes. Supports, VGA/XGA monitor, projector and analog flat panel display. For high resolution VGA over longer distances, please use QVS VGA splitter with built-in booster. This cable has foil shielding to prevent signal loss, screen ghosting and loss of color. Pin #9 is removed for universal VGA compatibility. QVS cables are UL listed and molded ends with thumbscrews. (Connectors: HD15 Male to 2 Female; Length: 8")

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Warlord187 said:
I love going to Microcenter. I feel like a kid in a candy store. :)
Seriously, I don't know why there aren't more of these stores out there. They are only in a few metro areas, and even at that, they have only one location in those lucky metro areas.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help smc. I think I'll need the one with the booster. There is prolly a 75' cord to a projector. I'll check out the site. Thanks
-Taaf-

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
smc1377 said:
Seriously, I don't know why there aren't more of these stores out there. They are only in a few metro areas, and even at that, they have only one location in those lucky metro areas.
Yeah, I know. Lucky for me it's only a few miles from work. It makes for some good lunch breaks. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts