DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I finally got my car back after its been in the shop for a week...=(

5000 miles and I get a melt down on my ignition coil. Damn thing.

But anyway I need some info on exhaust systems I should look into. Kinda dense when it comes to this part so I'm not to sure what to look at. Seen the names Flowmaster and Dynomax thrown around but I know nothing of these guys. Any info you can tell me would be great. Was wanting to get the dual Exhaust but someone said I would lose some low end torque. This true? If so I might have to skip that.
Also anyone know if GTS and AVS went out of buisness? I went to Pepboys the other day to get some Headlight covers and they said they both went out of buisness. The only thing they had were by Ventshade. Any good?

Sorry about the questions but thanks for the help. I'll post some pictures of what I have done to my 02 Trep soon. Then you all can yell at me :cool:

The One

·
Registered
408 Posts
Force,

As to your 1st question, I will defer that to someone else since I told you you would lose some low-end torque (of course if you do set-up a Ram air system you would get that back).

Sorry about the coil issue. That would have been a great time to set-up a MSD system.

The headlight covers. Ventshade is actually AVS (Auto Vent Shade). Try this link:

http://ventshade.r-catalog.com/listparts.asp?mmid=103236&fldnum=0&vcatid=86&dciptid=3959

and GTS can be found at www.GTStyling.com.

You can order AVS products from Summit racing www.summitracing.com or www.jcwhitney.com (check out JC Whitney for great prices on underbody and accent neon lighting).

Good Luck!

Dave

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info you guys.
I have a 02 2.7 Trep.

Yeah I have been working on the Ram Air hood. I have this body shop here in the Springs that is working on the hood for me now. They are having it molded in Carbon Fiber. Its a pretty penny but hey if you can't spend it why have it? But I gotta admit it looks damn sweet. I haven't figured everything out under the hood yet but once I do I'll post it here.
Used to work on Diesel Engines when I was in the Army but I've forgotten so much since then its a learning process all over :angry:

Once I get a chance to sit down here I'll get a Sig and a coming soon list going. Just haven't had the chance yet to sit and do it. Damn projects at work are taking up all my time at the moment.

You all have a fantastic one and I hope when I post some of my Trep's pictures I won't get too many yellin at me :tongue:

The One

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Yeah I love my AVS covers I bought from www.bestdarnparts.com $42 U.S. with free shipping. I think everyone should have these, really turns heads =P

1 - 5 of 5 Posts