DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the front-end wobbles with my current Kelly Navigator tires, so I've been looking at getting a set of 4 to replace 'em. Locally, I've gotten prices on a few models that I've only found mixed reviews on.

I've gotten prices on Kelly Navigator Gold, which are the current tires i have, and am not too impressed with because they do get wobbly so quickly. Otherwise, I'm looking for information on General Altimax, Douglas Extra-Track, Goodyear Viva 2, Firestone Precision touring, and Bridgestone Premiers.
Then, there's a salvage yard in town that gets nearly-brand-new tires in and sells 'em straight up for $30 to $60 installed...Is it worth the risk buying a used tire?

Any insight, or other suggestions, are much appreciated!

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Generals usually get pretty good reviews. When I had 16 inch rims I had Goodyear assurance triple treads. They were great tires. Stay away from futura (pepboys) tires. If you decide to go the used tire route be sure to check the manufacture date on the tire. That is located on the last 4 digits of the DOT number

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
I run Bridgestones on my special,, but, I work for them, so i get a good discount, now on the wifes Pacifica,, its running BFG's, im impressed with them

·
Registered
550 Posts
I myself have General Altimax HPs. Decent tires. Could be better in the snow.

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
I've got the front-end wobbles with my current Kelly Navigator tires, so I've been looking at getting a set of 4 to replace 'em.
Before you go wild on a new set of tires have you verified that the front end doesn't have any non-tire issues? My suggestion: Check that out first.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Before you go wild on a new set of tires have you verified that the front end doesn't have any non-tire issues? My suggestion: Check that out first.
I've had it checked out by 2 alignment shops, as well as 2 tire shops...I think I've had it sufficiently checked out. The consensus is that the tires are out of round.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hmm, I am looking for a decent snow tire. I guess I'll avoid those :D
I'm not saying they are terrible in the snow, I just have trouble going from a stop sometimes with them. They're only all season tires so they won't be perfect compared to snow tires.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Hmm, I am looking for a decent snow tire. I guess I'll avoid those :D
my triple treads were great in the snow the 1 time i had to drive it in the snow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts