DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Trepsters! I hope I am finding you all well and good. I am still wrestling with a slight bump (down) shift problem (seems more noticeable when cold and on chilly days). I heard the input/output speed sensors are relatively easy and cheap to replace (I asked the dealer about them. They said if they were bad, it would turn on the check engine light. This true?). Does anybody have diagrams or pictures that show where the sensors are? I already checked the how to section. Also, a dealership repaired/replaced/rebuilt the transmission valve body. Is that also know as the solenoid? Or is the solenoid a different component? How hard is that to replace if it is? I appreciate all your responses. Peace! AK

·
Registered
9,831 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes indeed. I have had the TCM flashed 2-3 times. More or less, the bump shift is just annoying. It does not seem to be tranny threatening (yet). I guess it gets me that I am driving a relatively new vehicle and my buddies 5 year old Ford truck shifts smoother than my car. Just FYI for the trouble shooters..... TCM has been flashed, at 30k complete flush and ATF+4+antifoam,valve body has been replaced/rebuilt. Battery cable undone a number of times. I think I have taken all the right steps. I think my next move is to look towards the input/output speed sensors (cheaper of the evils) and the solenoid unit unless otherwise directed. Peace All. AK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts