DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I took my rear deck off I found that alot of rattle was comming from the screws holding the speakers down being loose. I tightened them down and it was fixed. now just like 2 weeks later, they have come loose enuf to rattle again and I wonder if there is some way to keep them in place.
I thought maybe if I got some small O rings I could put them around the screws on both sides (top and bottom) of the speaker, but wondered if anyone else had suggestions.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heard of that, but dont really know what it is

oh, also is there some tool to use to get the screws on the far side of the 6x9s in well? because of the glass it is even difficult to use a stubby and get them in tight

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I can't really remember how mine were set up and I don't know how the 1st gen are, but in other cars I've found a right angle screwdriver like this one works really well. I'm not sure how good locktite would be on the small screws but I use it on bolts all the time and its great stuff. You pretty much jsut put it on the threads and its is kinda like glue.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I will sometime soon try a niice mod for these speakers, maybe cut through the cardboard deck and install speaker grills that are painted to match the interior(Tan), so you will have the easyest access to the speakers/Connections, plus it will have a niice factory look, wachu guys think?, are theyre any pics of this mod already done to a 2-Gen?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.