DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger seat really wobbles and shakes; it's really annoying. I haven't taken a look at it yet to see if I can tighten any bolts...but I've heard that there was a recall for the seats on LH vehicles. Is that true? Would the dealership fix it for me, or do they deny any such recall...?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I am not aware of that recall, but if it exists then the dealer with fix the problem free of charge.

·
Registered
560 Posts
there is...when i took my car in for the fuel rail recall, they also took care of the wobbling seat (not the pass seat though...).

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Well now i know if my seats fall off i can get them fixed for free :p :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought my 94 ES 3.5L used and am new to the recall thing, my driver's side seat is wobbling quite a bit. So if I take it to a dealer they'll just fix it? Or does the recall expire after so long?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
if i'm not mistaken there's a recall for the driver's seat 1993-1996. apparently before 1997 they changed the part at fault. si had this done on his 94 corde.

they should do the repair free of charge since it's a manufacturer recall.

·
Registered
502 Posts
They wouldn't repair mine unless the seat back breaks. And by then I could get in a crash and die. Dumb fackers.

The recall affects a bracket in the seats that could potentitally fail.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Drivers Seat Broke

Has anyone had the dealer replace this on a car 95 or newer? MIne broke yesterday and today the dealer told me it was for 93-94. I hope some of you guys have some info on this to help me my drivers seat is pissing me off now:angry:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Contact Chrysler/Dodge, I'm sure there's a 1-800 number on the website or something.

I'm pretty sure it's for 93-94 cars. I got mine done last year, I think they broke a spring in my seat, because every since they did it my seat "clicks" over every bump... SOB's, it's so annoying.

As for the dealer not doing it, they have to do it. Contact Chrysler right away.

Also, you have 10 years from the original date of the recall in which to get it done.

I will post a scan of my recall notice

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Sorry if it's hard to read, but because of DI.net's file size restriction this is the best I can do.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts