DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to give my new car it's first oil change today, and of course the drain plug was welded in, and rounded off. So, I hop over to Advanced, and asked for one. The girl says "It's a special pilot point M14 1.5 " with a 13mm head, and I'll have to order it, and it's $21.99".

After chuckling to myself, I went over by the filter wrenches, and pulled one off the rack, and go up and tell the girl "I'll take this M14 1.5" with the 16mm head instead."

Cost $2.13 with tax

I no longer can trust them.

Put in Mobil 1 Extended, and a Fram DoubleGuard. Sounds sweet.

Anyone using a K&N air filter on a 2.7? Worth the 26 bucks?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
K&N is overpriced, just bcs of the name you're paying 20 dollars more than the filter is worth. I always get Napa gold, good filters, priced OK !!

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I have a K&N air filter in my 2.7. I've had it since spring 2005. Can't say there's been any real difference mileage wise, and I do keep track.

$22 for a drain plug, ehh? Yeah, this is exactly the kind of thing I talked about in an old thread. Some of the clerks working in the parts stores have no clue what they are doing, let alone what they are selling. I remember when you could go in and they'd be able to pull out books and cross reference parts and part numbers. Nowadays you're getting **** like $22 oil drain plugs. Some couldn't tell you the difference between a wheel bearing from a water pump.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TERMINATOR101CA said:
K&N is overpriced, just bcs of the name you're paying 20 dollars more than the filter is worth. I always get Napa gold, good filters, priced OK !!
I was just wondering if there is a "noticable" improvement from the K&N. Probably more psycological than real, without a different intake.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I paid less than 20 bucks for my K&N, thanks rpgoodkin :biggthump

I've noticed a tiny bit more power, I removed the intake restrictor thing.

I'm done with Advance auto remain power steering pumps.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ThaArtist said:
From what I hear and read the Mobil 1 Filters are suppose to be "that" much better down the micron...
Sure would be nice if there were comparison sites for this stuff, with real, quantified specs and results. Like in electronics, and computers, there are a million review/compare sites out there. Maybe there is, though. Any links?

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
froggy81500 said:
I remember when you could go in and they'd be able to pull out books and cross reference parts and part numbers. Nowadays you're getting **** like $22 oil drain plugs. Some couldn't tell you the difference between a wheel bearing from a water pump.
Yeah, I should have just gone to NAPA. They generally have their heads above ground.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Dodgaholic said:
What restrictor thing?

That stupid little cone/bullet shaped thing in the airbox tube on 1st gens. I doubt it made a real difference. I just had a pair of pliers in my hand and the tube in the other.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Matt86 said:
That stupid little cone/bullet shaped thing in the airbox tube on 1st gens. I doubt it made a real difference. I just had a pair of pliers in my hand and the tube in the other.
We're talking oil here buddy not air filters, otherwise your comment is correct ! :icon_razz

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
TERMINATOR101CA said:
We're talking oil here buddy not air filters, otherwise your comment is correct ! :icon_razz

LOL! my bad :flush:

I use good old Puralator/Proline 14670 oil filters on the Dodge, no complaints. The K&N probabily woudln't do much except lighten your wallet.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Dodgaholic said:
Yeah, I was askin about the K&N air filter.
The comparison info, was on OIL filters. Me understands.
Yeah the K&N air filter wil improve airflow, hence release hidden power from the engine but at the same time more crap will enter the combustion chambers as the filtering won't be as good. So it's a tradeoff filtering against flow, cannot have both of them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts