DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not overly sure where to put this, considering the half-dozen things I've got to say.

First item, though:

I'm only slightly proud. Now I just have to figure out why she's loosing all power, but I have my guesses (yours are more than welcome.) 1994, 3.5L.

2: The mitsubishi style 3.0L Chrysler engine, is anyone familiar? I've got three sitting in/around my yard, but my main concern is the one in a 1990 LeBaron. As of two years ago, the car was blowing blue/white smoke (depending on who you talk to), shutting off at completely random times, and when put into reverse over half the time it would just shudder when the gas was pressed as if the brakes were on full bore.

As of right now I have it over half torn apart, working on replacing the timing belt, but I have no way to get the crank pully off the car. It's a solid unit and I can't get it to stay still to yank the bolt. Advice? What else should I be looking for. Wires, distributor cap and rotor, oil, coolent, PCV, air intake, water pump; all being replaced.

I kinda want this car running so I can tear into my trep and replace the heads like I've been dying to do for a while now.

3. Sticking with other cars, a friend has a 1995 ford contour (cough, cough) with a bad audio system. Looks like someone did a chop job on the wireing and fried the old dash player before she got the car. I have her old Pioneer from a previous car and the splice kit assembled, everything is peachy except there's a short somewhere, and I don't know where to look. The main interior lights do not work (any of them) along with the radio system. The far right bulb in her instriment pannel was very dim for a time, but arbitrarily came on to full brightness. Fuses look fine...

4. 1996 3.5L trep: My aunt's, inspired me to get an Intrepid. Poor thing's been neglected for over a year, no maintenence of any kind (same mechanic uncle maintains this that said my water pump screaching was 'no big deal' - it blew up in his driveway five minutes later). I'm doing all the basic stuff for her birthday, but there is something puzzling. The car has no power, torque or anything. The tranny seems fine, it's the engine, it's not acting like it's struggling, more like it's fine. I had a chance to drive it a few weeks ago, up a rather steep incline, I floored the gas pedal without even realizing it. It was at 2k RPM's and loosing speed. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I floor my car, two seconds later and it's not even in the same time zone as me any more... No trouble codes of any kind.

Umm, I know there was more, but I forget now. Eeh, I'll get to it later, there's plenty here anyhow. Any takers? :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
I think the trep might be down on one or more cylinders. Change the plugs and make sure you have spark. Also might want to consider a fuel system cleaner. Come to think of it the air filter might be clogged as well. It might also be the battery is passed its prime and not supplying you with proper spark, Just some thoughts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts