DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I installed a set of silverstars, i was wondering if you guys removed the bulb shade over the low beam bulbs? It really doesn't seem that much brighter than the stock halogens.

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, don't take those off. Check your plastic lenses and see if they are faded in any way. If so, I would suggest to buy a cleaner for them. A clear lense is a happy lense. Aso, cleaning them would make a big difference too. Check out www.wheels logic. com. It has a good lens cleaner. Or you can go to any auto parts place and pick up some lens cleaner. I have silverstars on mine and there is a big difference. I sometimes have people flash the highbeams at me once in a while.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just brighter lights, as much as I hate staring at the glare of an oncoming beamer, I can't diss the benefits of the brighter light. Especially my area, the lighting isn't the greatest and parents here seem to let their kids run around till as late as they want. Can't deny the satisfaction of pre-teen arrogant roadkill but I can't stomach the consequences. I managed to sand off the headlights and get rid of the cloudiness but its still not adding that much brightness to the stock halogens I had. Plus I have a base model 99 sans foglights which I might consider adding on, I read a how to on here a while back and might give it a shot. Thanks anyway, I wasn't really expecting that getting rid of the shade would be a rather smart thing to do.

Edit:

By cleaning the lens were your referring to the outer part of the headlights or a component actually inside it? I'm still kinda new to this so please excuse the many retarded questions I seem to never endingly come up with.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's all good. We are all here help out our fellow LH car owners. I am referring to the outside part of the headlight lense. Overtime, UV rays from the sun fade the plastic. For me, I am saving my money to get an HID conversion on both my low beams and fog lights. I went to www.xenonking.com and they have a really nice setup for about 450 dollars. A lot of money but I heard the end result is awesome. You can even pick different light intensities too. Depending on how much you wanna spend. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Did you but a silverstar 9006?
A 9005 bulb can be modified to fit the 9006 socket.
Buy a new 9005(XS)-straight electrical connector, to replace the 9005XSLL (most 'treps shipped with sylvania LL (long life) bulbs) so grab the 9005 from your high beam, modify it to be your low beam.
It is pretty darn hard to find a 9005XS LL in stores, 9005XS (plain) are common. The 9005LL will outlast a silverstar 9006.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Not exactly per se.
But if you modify the base precisely (I used a dremmel to get 90% of the way there, and finished it with a metal fingernail file) and keep it tight, the filament should be in the exact same spot.
And as an act of contrition, you can get partial-tint selective yellow.
$10.91 from rallylights
http://www.rallylights.com/hella/9005.asp

The HIR makes more light, (I have tried them both) but the beam pattern is 'funky' I would do HIRs in projectors in a heartbeat.
http://www.hirheadlights.com/stats.htm

http://www.suvlights.com/index.php?cPath=47

1 - 10 of 10 Posts