DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its not directly car audio, but it does relate to the protection of the car audio itself.

So im thinking im going to be putting alot of money into the trunk of my car and all you have to do it just nock out my lock and your in. Im a strong believer in that if your gonna steal and your good, your probably gonna get it, but if your gonna steal from me, your going to earn what you steal. So im going to screw evertyhing down with really annoying security screws, and everything will have more screws than necessary, like i said if you want it, your going to earn it. And to be a further challenge, my uncle was telling me about how he used to weld the trunk lock openning shut and put a cable to the backseat, you tug the cable and voila its open, i know you can use an electric kit and have a nifty little button, but if powers out your F'ed, but on the other hand, if this cable snaps your probably F'ed harder where a new battery will fix the electric and the cable now makes your trunk a time capsule. Anyone know where i can find some info on this stuff cauz i havent found anything. and also another trick he said to prevent someone from slim-jimming the door locks was installing a box plate in the door, now anotherthing i have no idea about and cant find any info on, so before i start hacking up the car and securing it, id like to know if it works.
If anyones got any idea hints or tips lemme know. Its all appreciated.

-Chris

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
If you want to be reaaally annoying..? Wend enclosures with a hinge and lock that'll surround your subs (with openings for the subs.. but not removable because the hole is JUST too small to remove the subs) and something that'll surround the amp but let it breathe. Weld that **** to the steel floor of your vehicle if you're VERY desperate to spend money for custom fabrication/security.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[QUOTE='98-ESer]You could get a Trunk Monkey.....[/QUOTE]
Dude you know a Monkey dealer, cauz im so there in an instant.

and that welding idea definitely sounds like some hard core anti theft.... i just might.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
it would make very good security, however the thief might get so annoyed that he puts his foot through your subs and pours coke all over your amp..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EvilDeadFan said:
it would make very good security, however the thief might get so annoyed that he puts his foot through your subs and pours coke all over your amp..
very true, but he wouldnt have use for it. and if he stole it, or destroyed it id still be without equiptment. id rather have no one use it than the thief use it. or maybe im just weird.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Nono, I believe the same thing. it's be almost funny to watch on video.. some kid taking longer than they like popping your trunk (locked glove compartment etc) only to find a steel cage from hell protecting your ****, taking a fit and putting his foot through your subs.

You can then submit the tape to the police after and get the ****er to pay for it. Too bad he took off running across that busy intersection while running away from you, perfectly timed when a large vehicle was passing by. ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
EvilDeadFan said:
Nono, I believe the same thing. it's be almost funny to watch on video.. some kid taking longer than they like popping your trunk (locked glove compartment etc) only to find a steel cage from hell protecting your ****, taking a fit and putting his foot through your subs.

You can then submit the tape to the police after and get the ****er to pay for it. Too bad he took off running across that busy intersection while running away from you, perfectly timed when a large vehicle was passing by. ;)
that my friend would be prime time television in my book.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Low tech security huh?

My sawed off 12 ga. and my dogs. Very effective.

nothing like the sound of a Remington Wingmaster cocking behind the head of a thug! I swear that son of a ***** **** his pants running away from me after I caught him tryin to steal my old Blaujunk CD player back in 97 in my buddies driveway!

All I heard was "mexican explitives" as the ****tard run like the true coward!

damn, i hope someone tries to steal from me again! thats a good time!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
well you can shave the trunk lock and have a hidden button to hit it open and if the bat dies just recharge it...
and it **** happens and that lock or that whole item (the latch and all) breaks then we have a problem......

I just disconnected my trunk release button..
well if you dont want to show off your amps. put them under the rear seats...

·
Registered
182 Posts
couldn't you just shave the trunk lock (like mentioned above) and cut the power source for the trunk release and re-wire it to only have power when the key is turned in the ignition? or just use the RKE system to open it while everything else is cut....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mr.Dodge said:
I just disconnected my trunk release button..
well if you dont want to show off your amps. put them under the rear seats...
the rear seats are fixed, and id b afraid with lack of air circulation that it would burn up the amp.

couldn't you just shave the trunk lock (like mentioned above) and cut the power source for the trunk release and re-wire it to only have power when the key is turned in the ignition? or just use the RKE system to open it while everything else is cut....
that sounds like a way i want to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts