DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i have a pai of sprngs and im off for a week so im board allready waiting for the di meet. is it possable for meet to intall my own springs. if so can some one tell me how?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
If you haven't tackled automotive suspension before, get some GOOD accident insurance first! {kidding!!}
There's serious stored energy in the springs! Those springs are supporting the weight of the car with the wheels on the ground. Jack it up, hang the wheels and that force is
STILL there. Taking things apart without the right clamps can break arms,legs, whatever gets in the way.
SEARCH! this site. Lot's (some?) have installed lowered springs on their 'trep
and they know what's involved.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I paid someone :p

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Eeek! Treps are pretty low to begin with. I hope for anybody who's lowered or lowering their treps, the streets aren't as bad as they are here in upstate NY!!! If I lowered mine, I wouldn't have to worry about the salt on the roads in the winter rotting out the floor, I'd be tearing it out everytime I hit a pothole!!!

Yeah along with what they are saying, if you haven't done suspension work, either read up on it or get some help. Its nothing to fool with and much of the components are torqued down pretty good, so you'll need air tools or a long ass breaker bar. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i decided imma take it in to get it done due to the fact i have to like go thru so much **** to get the back struts off imma just say screw it

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
froggy81500 said:
Eeek! Treps are pretty low to begin with. I hope for anybody who's lowered or lowering their treps, the streets aren't as bad as they are here in upstate NY!!! If I lowered mine, I wouldn't have to worry about the salt on the roads in the winter rotting out the floor, I'd be tearing it out everytime I hit a pothole!!!

Yeah along with what they are saying, if you haven't done suspension work, either read up on it or get some help. Its nothing to fool with and much of the components are torqued down pretty good, so you'll need air tools or a long ass breaker bar. Good luck.

Roads are terrible here. Part of the reason I only went with a 1.2" drop. I tell you though, I can sure feel every imperfection in the road (which are many here). But, I do like the setup. I wish the roads were a little more smooth, but I do like the increase feed back from the road and the increased handling. Not to mention I love the way it looks!

Before & After

1 - 7 of 7 Posts