DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lowering my beloved 2000 intrepid with an eibach kit ... any suggestions as to what performance shocks I should install?
Any and all help is appreciated!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,960 Posts
Not much available in the way of performance shocks..........either the factory 300M special shocks, or the KYB aftermarket shocks. Basically you have 2 choices.

Seach button works really well in this case ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,909 Posts
i've heard a lot of negativity about the KYB's...them not lasting very long. I've heard of them only lasting 20000 miles or so :S..that is nowhere NEAR as long as i need. We need another option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,960 Posts
I'm still running on my stock struts........I sometimes feel that my car is more 'Track' than 'Road' though :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,909 Posts
so it's nice and tight? I like to hear that because i'm pretty certain our driving styles are similar ;) do you ahve any vibrations (i'm sure you've answered that before, sorry) and you have the H&R kit right Rob?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,568 Posts
Archael said:
so it's nice and tight? I like to hear that because i'm pretty certain our driving styles are similar ;) do you ahve any vibrations (i'm sure you've answered that before, sorry) and you have the H&R kit right Rob?
Nice and tight, and no vibrations as long as you install the motor and tranny mount spacers. I have the Eibach kit, and don't call me rob! LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,909 Posts
well thanks for your input but actually i wasn't calling you Rob...i was asking rob as he has an R/T like me and he used his stock R/T struts...like i intend to do pending his answer to my question. Sorry for the hijack bud :)

:brutal_40
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,568 Posts
Archael said:
well thanks for your input but actually i wasn't calling you Rob...i was asking rob as he has an R/T like me and he used his stock R/T struts...like i intend to do pending his answer to my question. Sorry for the hijack bud :)

:brutal_40
Yeah, I knew you were talking to Avenger, I was just messin' with ya
All good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,909 Posts
:d :silly:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Kyb

Archael said:
i've heard a lot of negativity about the KYB's...them not lasting very long. I've heard of them only lasting 20000 miles or so :S..that is nowhere NEAR as long as i need. We need another option.
I've got KYB driven 60.000 miles now, they are a lot of better over the stock ones, even now, after 60.000 they are still working good, a little bit stiffer than stock, but still confortable ride.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top