DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is driving me nuts now, does anyone have pictures of how their spacers were installed.

From what I see, the 98 concorde I have doesnt seem to have long enough bolts to support the extra height of the plate, so if anyone has installed these themselves or have pictures please share.

I just wanna get rid of this annoying vibration for acceleration/highway driving, they're H&R springs btw.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I installed my intrax lowering springs with aluminum spacers...you can see just a couple pix >>
springs

spacers

i might have more pictures at home but I don't really remember the install very well and you have a 98 concorde and mines an '03 trep. I still was able to use the stock bolts even after raising the engine. If your under there with blocks and jacks installing the spacers i'm sure you can get some longer bolts while your at it. just an idea

EDIT: you'll notice I carefully milled that "trench" to slide the spacer onto the bolts so I didn't have to lift the engine all that much...makes me think you might not have room to fit bigger bolts.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm well im not worried about the trans spacer, just the front since the kit came with two engine spacers.

My only worry is once i try to remove the nut, the whole bolt is going to snap like the ones that were holding in my struts (thanks to 10 canadian winters).

Do you have a picture of the actual spacer installed?

·
Registered
780 Posts
no pix installed and since the springs make her so low it's hard to get one. I need to change my oil soon and will have her up on ramps, i'll try and grab some pix if it'll help. I think if the bolts gonna snap better replace it anyway

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a friend who lowered his 99 300M and he installed the spacers. He has the intrax springs and he said its not that much of a difference. I have the canuck springs on my 00 intrepid and had them on my 98 also and i never installed the spacers and yea i get the vibration between 60 65 after that or before that no vibration. Just my 2 cents not that everybodies car is the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts