DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I figure WTF I may as well lower my trep.

I'm thinking the 1.8" Intrax springs, questions are..
will these work with 235/40(45)/18 tires on 18X8 wheels?
what other wheel/tire options will work?

Struts, I know nothing about
what brands are good
how do I size them to the lowering springs?

Who out there has this? what are the pro's and con's of doing this? What is your set-up?

Thanks for the help
(that means I would like some answers)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
well I know that 1.8 drop works with 20's, but yet them I think with 20's it raises your car up, but 18's will fit. Some people have complained about vibration at high speeds with lowering springs, I think Intrax sells a camber kit to re align drive line parts, that may help with vibration problems. I will let people that actualy have these springs say what they got to say.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had intrax springs with 255/45/18 with no problems exept for the vibration problem. I took the springs out. Intrax may come out with a spring with only a 1" drop to help with the axle angle problem and or may have a motor/tranny spacer deal like H&R has.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The Jury is still out on springs.... i mean, vibration is a very bad thing guys.

However, it seems that H&R is the solution - if we could find someone to try the spacers and test the results.

Moparperformance?

Well, if no one else does, I'l take the plunge and grab that sh1t. I think 1.3 inches is as low as I'd make an intrepid, but hey, i'm not one for 20 inch wheels and cutting springs. Beuty is a side effect of apriciating performance.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts