DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, i'm pretty sure i'm going to get some springs, decieded that if the roads get bad enough to where I have to worry about it i won't drive, i have read the posts on them & some of you have intrax springs on your intrepid, but according to intrax's website they do not make them for an intrepid, but do for concord & vision(same part #).

My question is: is there a reason that they don't make them for intrepids, or is it a goof up on the site?

PS- most of the thread i've read are old when ppl were just putting them on, please update me on how you like them, any new problems & why buy which brand.

Many thanks guys!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I love my intrax springs. Was a good investment since i don't exaclty drive the way u are suppose to. However i do have probs w/ the front bumper skirt scraping on stuff. I would be careful cause of your body kit, no need to scrap that up, u had a hard enough time getting it on your 'trep in the first place

·
Registered
890 Posts
Get them:biggrin: :biggrin:

I have no scraping problem whats so ever. After you get them do an allingment and youre set to go:cool:

As for intrax you have to call them up they make them. They didnt update their site i guess:blush: :blush:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thats not too much, but i have to buy struts, tires, and im going to buy rims, so these lowering blocks are cheap, if they work temporarily w/o damage, id do that, untill i can afford springs,
because lowering isnt too high on my list atm, but if i can do it
for that cheap, maybe a 2" drop in the back a 1" drop in the front? Because id also like to get my windows tinted, expecially because here in NC summers are hell. hah

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
1 inch in front and two in back? Does the other way around make more sense to everyone else, or am I retarded today?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I don't know about Intrax, but the Eibach springs are 1" in the front and 1.3" in the back

And don't for get to change the struts!!! so many people leave they're original struts. Stock struts will get destroyed with a lowered car.

My springs cost $500 canadian, and to put on springs and struts costed $195 canadian (I had some seized bolts, otherwise it would have been $180 canadian)

Also, I think anything more than a 1" drop is too much for our cars, I've already scraped my car on a few speed bumps, and a few ramps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
the back sits higher then the front, hence the 2 inch drop. Im just speculating, heh im not sayin this is what i will do. Im here to get feedback from other people that know what they're doing,
The back struts are being changed asap. But i was just curious as to the "lowering block kit" which no one has really been able to explain to me yet. So take what I say with a grain of salt. Most of it should be phrased as a question.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i personally have heard of a couple people that have "blown" a block where it just snapped, many people commplain about when the spring compresses being able to hear it hit the block with a nice clunk sound, but as with anything you usually only hear about the bad

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Bryan_M said:
what type of struts did you get? how much were they?
I got KYB's all around (it's not good to have different struts in the front and back if you want a balanced ride)

It's the GR-2 model, they were $90 canadian each.

Tokico and Koni struts were over $200 canadian each, which was way over what I was willing to spend.

Also the back end is about 2in higher than the front. Even with my springs lowering the car .3" more in the back, the back still looks a wee bit higher than the front.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts