DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Intrax the only company that makes lowering springs for the 2nd gen trep? Why is it that eibach stoped production? I heard it was due to the springs being to stiff and it was breaking parts on the car. But can someone give me some info on lowering springs avail for the trep? thanks

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
What about hydraulics, or air suspension??? Can you get those for the intrepid??? Of course, I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about cause I don't even have my 2002 RT yet and have only driven Intrepids for about 1 hr. of my whole life. I can't wait till wednesday!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is a guy on sounddomain, he has a 1st gen with hydros, and there is another guy with a 300M with air. hmm, the performance is nothing with these types of setups though. I would like to go with an air system just from comparing the 2 types, they are good cause you can lift your car back up, so this means you can drop it extra cause you do not have to compinsate for drive ways or anything. I would love to drop the trep to .5 inches from the ground. :D

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
look at that M jockey's trunk. it looks sweet but a) do you want to do the work? b) do you want the extra weight? c) do you want to lose the trunk space and d) do you want to break the bank?

·
Registered
38 Posts
The talk of problems with lowering the LH cars seems to be a vibration problem. Eibach said they had to many complain that the cars developed a high speed vibration so they stopped the springs. I've been working with Dreamspeed and Intrax to come up with a new spring and swaybars and what we have come up with is that the cars have high speed vibration problems to begin with. It seems like an OEM tire problem, as can be seen by several TSB's from DC. Infact I just put new tires/wheels on last week and it took car of my problem. Intrax has said that of all the sets they have sold they have only heard from 1 or 2 people with vibrations. But this was before we research this tire problem out. So they didn't inform these people that they need to try to rotate the tires to see if it goes away. If you look at some of the 300M sights, you hear a lot of people with this vibration/shimmy problem. Seems like the new gen LH cars do pick up tire problems more so than most cars.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've Had Eibach springs on my '97 for around 2 months now, and I have nothing but good to say about them.. I'm gonna put new wheels and tires on when I get money saved, but first i gotta do major tune up, and take care of a late Registration [Cali. sucks]

I put Kyb struts on at the same time... I think the problem is that people use the springs with oem struts, and if theres a descent mileage on them, it might cause problems. My car sticks to the road, and has very little body roll... I'm lucky cause it seems I got my springs just after they stopped production :D

·
Registered
890 Posts
Well i did get the intrax springs they are pertty good. I do fell vibration, But that is because i need a really really bad allingment done and im too lazy to go do it. I dont know about the second generation. Cause those cars seem very very low to me . But they would look

very sweet if they were dropped. so i would try intrax. i think the reason ebach discontinued is because they didnt get that much sales from the intrepids so they dicontinued them. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts