·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you lower the car in photoshop?

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Well, I guess you can do it a couple ways...

The easiest thing to do is cut out the wheels and paste them up into the wheel well. This gives the illusion that the car is lowered. But, if you are using the original background that the car was in, it could look kinda odd since the car is still sitting up high in relation to the ground.

You can cut the entire car out of a picture and paste it into a new background and modify the wheels from there. I think that looks the best, but then you have to have some skill in making the car look as if it belongs in the picture you put it in.

To see how you can cut and paste a bunch of pictures together, check out the link to my train wreck photo. I cut bits and pieces from 4 seperate photos and pasted and manipulated them on to a common background with decent results.

Trainwreck topic

What Mathwiz said is so correct, you can easily be up until 3 in the AM playing with this incredible program. :)

[ November 15, 2001: Message edited by: Intrepidatious ]

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright sounds a bit advanced for the time being for me, I just want to get the full program so I can save my work, I piss around in it and come up with some sweet things. But I cannot save my work to show.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Here's a trick so you can save your work, this should work...I don't know because I have the full version.

After you are done making your masterpiece in Photoshop...just click "copy" and copy the entire photo. Then open up Paintbrush and paste it into there. The resolution might not be as good, but you can at least save your work! ;)

As for being tough to work with, Photoshop is great once you have all the basics down. Once you have the concepts of layers and some of the cool filters...you can make some sweet pictures. Let me know how you do.

Also, do you have a cable modem? I might have something you want. ;)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright, I got the lowering thing going.. Wow, this pic is amazing that I have, I would be able to make it again though. it would take some time but I could. And yes Im hooked up with a cable modem. :D

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I tryed that, it did not work. :mad:

·
Banned
439 Posts
an alternate to using edit->copy is by hitting the PRINT SCREEN button. this will take a screen shot of the entire viewable screen which you can then paste into another editor. inside the new editor (paintbrush if that is all you have) you can crop out your image you just made then save it. hope that helps

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweet man, it works.. thanks.. only one problem with it, it ruins the quality but thats alright. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts