Oh wow, almost a year since the last update... car was fixed a long time ago.
Also done since then:
Timing belt, water pump, thermostat, driver rear strut and knuckle, radiator.
Updated mod list:
- Evil Monkey Security
- 1999 Chrysler LHS 360w amplifier (P/N 4760688AC)
- Chrysler 6-disc DVD/Aux. changer
- SRT Design 20"x8" wheels
- 245/35/20 Nankang Ultrasport NS-II tires
- Custom "Luna" graphic on oval badge, on winged emblem, on trunk
- Custom "Luna" graphic on 1st generation LHS rear speaker grills
- JoeKD CAI with custom "Luna" graphic
- Early 300M sight shield
- Silver painted calipers and knuckles
- ATE Slotted rotors and Wagner Thermoquiet pads up front
- 1999 LHS Winged clock bezel
- LED in winged clock
- Black A-pillars from an early Dodge Intrepid
IN THE PIPELINE:
- Custom "chrome" shift knob
- Custom wood steering wheel
- Dual interior cathodes
- White cathodes in glove box and trunk
- Rear door courtesy lights (just need rear door harnesses! sockets already in)
- Blacked out interior from the tops of the door panels and up
Copied from most recent 300M Club update:
Some new things to add.
Many of you are already aware of the recent radiator issue... AFAIK, a new one is now nestled between the A/C condenser and radiator fans. Not cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but such is life.
I treated her to some new acquisitions.
Not happy with it. Too much chrome IMHO. Once I can figure out what a lightly scratched (maybe 6-6.5 out of 10) knob is worth, I'll be selling it (feel free to toss an offer my way... I have a number in mind, but no reasonable offer will be ignored). The scratches are mostly light, with a little more on top and a small nick on top, likely from the ashtray/gear lever bezel that was sitting on it when I found the car in the yard. Hard to get an image with a cell phone, but I'll try to get a macro with my phone tomorrow in the daylight.
Kinda neat. Using the AF disc. Works well, but I find the map view disorienting (used to the helicopter/horizon-ish view on my Garmin 200W). Not really a problem since you aren't supposed to stare at the screen while driving, but I still need to glance at it to be sure I don't miss a turn. The plan at this point is to use this temporarily. Next year I'm going to consider a custom double-din satnav setup using a Kenwood nav unit with Garmin maps. Otherwise I like the RB1. A few too many menus to find the local WaWa, but the sound is excellent. Definitely an improvement over my factory-installed RBB. Weird. Wasn't expecting that.
One thing I need to figure out is whether or not there is a night view. Used it to get to WaWa tonight to test the navigation function, and the thing practically lit up my interior. Maybe that's what was so disorienting... glancing from the dark scene in front of me, lit only by the HID headlamps, to the bright map display, and back.