DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good, and safe way to clean water spot stains on the chrome trimming that goes around the windows on the 'M' Special?, Ive tried Mothers Chrome polish, no luck, So Im guesing I need a good aluminum/chrome cleaner paste?, or....?, What is the material anyways?, Chrome, polished aluminum?, ect...

Thanks much guys!, :)

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
LOL same problem i have and so do many others, looks like crap,, and nothing ive found will clean it, thats because its under clear plastic,,
chrysler has a TSB on it but it just says replace the trim basically

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so how about a Mothers plastic cleaner/polish?, + powerball?, or meguires plastix stuff?, or...?, Id love to get this trimming fully touched out, with shine! :)

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
ITS under a plastic coating,,,, it wont touch it,
but ive found that taking a little liquid wax like turtle wax will cover it for a day or so,,,
best i have to offer at this point

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
This may sound weird but diapers are the best things when it comes to cleaning chrome. It's does not scratch the chrome finish. Get the unscented/powder free ones.

Dave :evilking:

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
This may sound weird but diapers are the best things when it comes to cleaning chrome. It's does not scratch the chrome finish. Get the unscented/powder free ones.

A lot of the cheap diapers are stitched with polyester threads, which can scratch cladded plastic chrome, or paint, so be careful when you buy. I just use a 100% cotten microfiber on everything so I never have to worry.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
A lot of the cheap diapers are stitched with polyester threads, which can scratch cladded plastic chrome, or paint, so be careful when you buy. I just use a 100% cotten microfiber on everything so I never have to worry.
Huggies...got plenty left over from my nephew. You know him Chet...the vampire picture you did for me.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Anyone know of a good, and safe way to clean water spot stains on the chrome trimming that goes around the windows on the 'M' Special?, Ive tried Mothers Chrome polish, no luck, So Im guesing I need a good aluminum/chrome cleaner paste?, or....?, What is the material anyways?, Chrome, polished aluminum?, ect...

Thanks much guys!, :)[/QUOT

i have this tan/cream colored liquid and it works great for water spots,swirl marks etc...its called "Carnu-B" try ebay.I have tried it on a dark green car with tree sap and it did a pretty good job taking it off.i have not tried it on the chrome trimming on my windows{they still look new}.If not i can almost assure you a buff with professional buffing/polishing agent and a buffing/polishing machine would do the trick.you might have to take it to a professional body shop.the same process they use after they paint a car to take off the clear and shine up your car.is what you might need.i can get my car buffed for $50 but it might be more.depends where you go

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So a professional Buffer/Polisher/Waxer should be able to make them like new again, rite?

·
Registered
167 Posts
So a professional Buffer/Polisher/Waxer should be able to make them like new again, rite?
its probably your best shot.i cant guarantee it.but the process is known to take out water marks,tree sap,scrapy sand,and clear up fogged yellow headlights etc...why not get the whole car buffed?and tell them to target the chrome trim specially.it should cost around $100.It depends where you go.im getting my entire car buffed at the shop as we speak.if done right with the right wax it should leave it like new.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its probably your best shot.i cant guarantee it.but the process is known to take out water marks,tree sap,scrapy sand,and clear up fogged yellow headlights etc...why not get the whole car buffed?and tell them to target the chrome trim specially.it should cost around $100.It depends where you go.im getting my entire car buffed at the shop as we speak.if done right with the right wax it should leave it like new.

Thanks much for your UpScale Advice!,:), Much appreciated!, I almost said F%CK it with the chrome Polishing, so I will see wats up, in my area, with a pro. Buffing Job, and quote, Im really going to see who has the best Rep around, and ask wats the Charge!, ;) Thanks agaiN!, :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks much for your UpScale Advice!,:), Much appreciated!, I almost said F%CK it with the chrome Polishing, so I will see wats up, in my area, with a pro. Buffing Job, and quote, Im really going to see who has the best Rep around, and ask wats the Charge!, ;) Thanks agaiN!, :)
No problem.Good Luck...Tell me how it gos

1 - 16 of 16 Posts