DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on vacation 6/6 - 6/13, so I'd like to get some area members together. Before we start adding names, let's get a time and date together. I'll throw wed. night or afternoon of the 7th out there for now, let's hear some feedback on that. Preferably somewhere by the water, maybe naragansett, newport, or somewhere on the cape, depending on how far away people are coming from. I'd like to get at least 10 cars for this, I'll post it over at 300M club as well. Start tossin some ideas guys, i'm game for just about anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,188 Posts
I'm done with school now so I have weekdays free except for work, but I'll just tell my old man I'm not coming in for the afternoon!! Whenever works for you guys I'm pretty flexible. I know it sounds like I just don't feel like driving but depending on how many people are coming from where, somewhere in CT might be the most central place to meet. I saw a post this morning about some members from NY wanting to have a meet so depending on where in NY they are they might be interested too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got off the phone with IS300M and he should be posting some details later this evening. We're working on something at his house out in Chatham. More to come...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,083 Posts
Well heres the short of it, the only time anything can be done at my place in chatham is on the week days, weekends my family is down, and they wouldnt appreciate it. Ill post more info in the days too come, ive got too much stuff going on with graduation and all happening 2morrow..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
yeah, weekend and the cape would be a bad idea, I'd love to have mini-meet, unfortunately I'll be going through radiation for most of june (gotta be at the hospital every day for a little bit.... ****ing cancer)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,083 Posts
JoeKD said:
Holy short notice batman!

The way my schedule is right now I doubt I will be able to join you guys for anything that week but once things are all arranged we'll see if I can meet up for a short while at least
I wasnt the one who got the time off, derek was the one who was like maybe we can do a meet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,145 Posts
well, this blows, but with me being in school still I can't come... blegh
I'm in school until the 19th, and my parents RARELY let me skip, so i'm not even gonna bring the idea up.... blegh, that sucks, i've never been to scott's house in chatham before, and i've never met 00R/T or Derek
ahh well...

actually Scott I have a question for ya: You still wanna plan a meet for this summer? I remember you saying something about planning a summer meet up for our area... I'd like to have another one, hopefully with a little bit more excitement then the last mini meet in Worcester... though I did meet Bobby and Scott at it... I dunno what we'd do or whatever, but theres a car show here in North Brookfield every summer towar the end of July, and they let anything enter if I remember correctly, i think it'd be pretty neat if we had a bunch of LHs in it, I'm probably gonna enter it no matter what... theres usually some really nice classics at the show too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,188 Posts
sneke_eyez said:
well, this blows, but with me being in school still I can't come... blegh
I'm in school until the 19th, and my parents RARELY let me skip, so i'm not even gonna bring the idea up.... blegh, that sucks, i've never been to scott's house in chatham before, and i've never met 00R/T or Derek
ahh well...

actually Scott I have a question for ya: You still wanna plan a meet for this summer? I remember you saying something about planning a summer meet up for our area... I'd like to have another one, hopefully with a little bit more excitement then the last mini meet in Worcester... though I did meet Bobby and Scott at it... I dunno what we'd do or whatever, but theres a car show here in North Brookfield every summer towar the end of July, and they let anything enter if I remember correctly, i think it'd be pretty neat if we had a bunch of LHs in it, I'm probably gonna enter it no matter what... theres usually some really nice classics at the show too
I totally understand about the school thing. I'm still not totally sure if I'll be able to make the meet next month because I have alot of stuff going on. I would definitely be down with a meet during the summer, especially if I can't go to Carlisle. I agree that it would be pretty sweet to have a bunch of LHs invade the car show!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,145 Posts
yeah, the town i live in is tiny, but the show usually attracts a lot of cars... more and more every year lately, my friend al and i were thinking about entering last year, but i had a conflict so we didnt (and i didn't get to see the show :( )

as for a summer meet, i'm gonna plan one if Scott doesnt, i planned one with DCell last year as he was driving through, but he ended up getting leave the weekend before, so we met up before the show, then the Worcester, MA mini meet turned out to be just me, Scott (IS300M), Bobby (silverspecial), and Jim (hinzy), plus Jim had to leave to go help a friend, so in the end it was just Me, Scott, and Bobby and Bobby had the Scion... it wasn't wicked exciting, but we just hung out and talked, this year i'm going to attempt to come up with something more exciting to do (and hopefully more people will attend) The parking lot we met up at last year is easily accessible and near the highway, so there shouldnt be any problems finding it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
See what happens, I get too damn busy to plan meets and you guys let our whole area CT/MA/NY/RI meet thing crash and burn :fun_06:

Unfortunatly I don't see things getting back to bar-b-q meets at my house (too bad, still thought those were the best ones) but we really need to find a way to get things going again. Just wish I had a little more free time to get some stuff organized (or at least get myself available to attend)

Worcester area isn't bad, nice central location for stuff, Chatham during the week isn't happening for me due to the 3 hour drive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,145 Posts
i have no problem having meets here (worcester area), we could even have BBQs at my house, that would be fun, but remember, im 17, so itd all be at my parents discretion, which i dont think would be a huge deal to them but i honestly dont know, sometimes they can be dicks
my area is really pretty though, i bet we could find some killer places for pics, which i think would be awesome with a BUNCH of cars, but other people might not be as into photography as i am
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,188 Posts
sneke_eyez said:
i have no problem having meets here (worcester area), we could even have BBQs at my house, that would be fun, but remember, im 17, so itd all be at my parents discretion, which i dont think would be a huge deal to them but i honestly dont know, sometimes they can be dicks
my area is really pretty though, i bet we could find some killer places for pics, which i think would be awesome with a BUNCH of cars, but other people might not be as into photography as i am
I'm 18, so i hear you on the parent thing. As far as taking pictures, that sounds like a really cool idea. The pics I have of my car in my sig page look so crappy because I have an old 2MP sony camera that really sucks. I just shelled out around $600 for a canon EOS digital rebel with some different filters and lenses and stuff so I can get digital pictures that look as good as my 35mm ones. Keep us posted on what you guys figure out because I'm really looking forward to meeting some of you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,083 Posts
Well ya know I did have a graduation ceremony today so... yes I plan on having a summer time meet.

Here are the limitations:
1. If i am the only on there, there are 2 free queen size beds, 1 full size, and a twin
2. So then only the far travelers can stay over
3. There will be no racing in my neighborhood
4. There will be no getting drunk, too many of my neighbors would call my folks
5. My driveway is sand, and gets dug up easy

so consider that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
I would be up for a mini-meet; I have no problem with the CT/MA area. With gas prices around the 3 dollars, I will have to limit my drive distance. My only problem is days off from work, right now I only have Wednesdays and Saturdays, so if that works then I’m in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
Hey- i miss all you guys... i'm in...

PS- i work at a new place now- and apparently every monday during the summer there is a car show/meet in the parking lot from 6-10- in cranston behind the krispy kreme and burger king on pontiac @ sockanosett. if anyone wants to go to that sometime- there's some pretty nice cars, people bring classic corvettes, porsches, saw a ford model T the other day... and there's some newer cars there on occasion
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kenundrum said:
Hey- i miss all you guys... i'm in...

PS- i work at a new place now- and apparently every monday during the summer there is a car show/meet in the parking lot from 6-10- in cranston behind the krispy kreme and burger king on park @ sockanosett. if anyone wants to go to that sometime- there's some pretty nice cars, people bring classic corvettes, porsches, saw a ford model T the other day... and there's some newer cars there on occasion
Garden City, every Monday. They still got fresh kettle corn there too?
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top