DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the stock air intake system on my 02' R/T with a cold air intake (put it together piece by piece with a K&N cone air filter and Spectre intake piping). I'm wondering if I need to install a MAF (mass air flow) sensor on my new system. I've had the new system for about a month and my car is running fine so far with it. The engine sounds stronger and I can tell it enhanced the performance a little bit. What I want to know is, does an intake system like mine NEED a MAF sensor to run properly? Is it even possible to install a MAF sensor on an Intrepid? because it doesn't look like the stock intake had one (at least not visible from the outside). And could someone provide instructions on how to install it if I need one?

Thanks,
TGbaseball26

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
I replaced the stock air intake system on my 02' R/T with a cold air intake (put it together piece by piece with a K&N cone air filter and Spectre intake piping). I'm wondering if I need to install a MAF (mass air flow) sensor on my new system. I've had the new system for about a month and my car is running fine so far with it. The engine sounds stronger and I can tell it enhanced the performance a little bit. What I want to know is, does an intake system like mine NEED a MAF sensor to run properly? Is it even possible to install a MAF sensor on an Intrepid? because it doesn't look like the stock intake had one (at least not visible from the outside). And could someone provide instructions on how to install it if I need one?

Thanks,
TGbaseball26
Our cars do not have a Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAF). Our cars are "Speed Density" cars, and a MAF is not used.
Your setup is fine as is.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Our cars are "Speed Density" cars, and a MAF is not used.
A MAP sensor (manifold absolute pressure) is what we have and it bases its calculations on manifold vacuum. It is a totally different system than a MAF (mass air flow) sensor system that is located before the throttle.

Cheers,

Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts