DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see from my new signature pic, I just installed one of those magnetic hood bras, since it was pretty warm today (55 or so).

Once it heats up a little more, it will cling better to the hood around the ornament area, which is the only major area that it is not "sticking".

What do you guys think? Keep it on or take it off??

:)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I didn't install the wing ornament. The Chrysler emblem piece in the center of the ornament is loose and falls out. I guess it was a waste of money. *sigh*... oh well.

Hopefully the magnetic bra won't be a waste of money too. ;)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
personally, i think it looks out of place, but its up to you if you keep it or not... just my 2 cents

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
If you can get it to lay down a little better around the orniment, it will look good. :)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your input, guys. :)

I'll work on getting it to lay down around the ornament (or maybe I'll cut it so the ornament still shows) when it gets warmer. It's supposed to be cold this week. :(

I definitely like the contrast of black on white, though, so one way or another, I'm gonna make this bra look good. :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Actually, cuttin a hole for the badge would look pretty cool. That way you still get the protection, but also display the badge.

Some truck stone guards have a cutout for the badge. Dad's 3500 Ram has it cut out like that.

Just another option, but a viable one.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Im not one for doing any fabric/leather work, so Im not sure if leather will fray after time where you cut a hole, anyone know?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The bra isn't leather. It is rubber on top of a magnetic material, so if I were to cut a hole for the hood ornament there would be no worry of fraying. It's basically like a big refrigerator magnet... for your car's hood. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
the new sebrings have a cutout for ther wings, I think that would look good, but the only way to go is braless baby ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey, pimped3point3, where did you get that bra for your car? I've been thinking about one to cover up a gash in my hood due to some ***** in a truck.:baaa:

-BobVila

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I'll keep my LeBra thank you. I'd rather have small rocks and road debris hit that and bounce off than hit my paint and chip it.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
BobVila said:
Hey, pimped3point3, where did you get that bra for your car? I've been thinking about one to cover up a gash in my hood due to some ***** in a truck.:baaa:

-BobVila
$75 at Advance Auto Parts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts