DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the shift nob off of a Magnum fit on the shift arm of my Intrepid? I like the look of the satin aluminum on it, but I don't know how it mounts or if it mounts the same, so I don't want to go buy one and have it not work...

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
you'll have to rig up something to compensate for the use of the button on your shifter.

·
Registered
494 Posts
maybe check a company like "LOKAR" that specializes in shift knobs and accessories and perhaps they sell something like that...I bought a flamed, light-up shifter knob for my PT cruiser and I got a kit to use it in my application from lokar...if I remember right it was like $40 or so....

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Actually...if you were to put it into reverse driving down the highway the car will just shut off. Not good but not as bad as engaging reverse gears :S.

I've been working on a design to allow you to use a manual shiftknob on an automatic vehicle...it's pretty chincy right now as it's barely to the concept stage. I recently got the treptech shiftknob and this design went on hold. I'll post a simple picture of it and if there's a lot of interest then i'll move ahead with the prototype...

it's not pretty but it was a quick illustrator drawing so bear with me :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.