DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as some of you guys remember my last thread about the mag wheels on my corde. Unfortunatly, I was putting on wheel locks today and noticed a paint chip/bubbling on one of the wheels right by the valve stem. I touched the chip and it fell right off and all I see now is some nasty metal in the spot. Its about a quarter sized chip:(. I covered it in clear coat hoping to stop any further cracking. Does anyone has any advice? I noticed a bubbling in the same spot on another wheel and don't know what to do.

·
Registered
391 Posts
i have no suggestions, sorry. But the same thing is with my police wheels, but fortunately for me, when I put the chrome ring and center cap on, it covers all the peeling paint.

I dunno of any touchups, but if you really really like your wheels, put some spare wheels on for a week so you can drive and then get ur mag wheels sandblasted and powdercoated. You will really enjoy that. It is an expensive route, but at least your re-sale value of the wheels goes up if you want to sell them down the line.

Good luck concorde mate. :drink:

·
Registered
715 Posts
When working at the car dealership. The Jeep Grand Cherokee, had a problem with there wheels paint chipping like you said. There was a guy who would come and resurface the area on the wheel. He would show up at the dealership.

I was impressed about how nice it would come out...you couldnt tell there was a problem....it was awsome!!

I will see if i can get the name of the place.....maybe theres a guy/company near you that can do it.....i would call around to some dealerships and ask about wheel resurfacers in the area......

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, the wheels had less than 500 miles on them so I'm pretty pissed off. I wouldn't mind getting them resurfaced if the finish was better than the one it came with. What I don't get is they are supposed to be polished so how can paint come off them like that?? Blask, we are concorde twins lol. Have the same white paint which I personally think is the best color. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts