DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to send a BIG MAHALO to everyone that helped me with a previous problem I had with my 04 trep. I was having some major starting problems along with the engine intermittantly dieing while driving, yikes!!

Thanks to the very helpful people here, I was able to pull up 2 error codes, purchase/change the camshaft position sensor and since then, I havn't had any starting/dieing problems at all :).

Thanks again to evryone,
Chuck aka LocoBoy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Curious..I have an 01 SE 2.7L..same error code 0340 AND it nearly killed me when it stalled while pulling in to a gas station!! Did the CPS replacment solve these two issues for you??

I am ready to replace the sensor...pending good news. This site REALLY helps!!

The pics of the sensor replacement were AWESOME as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ditto on the Mahalo. I too was having similar problems. I have a 2001 Intrepid with the 2.7 engine. After about 20 minutes of driving it would start to skip at highway speeds. Eventually the skipping became lunging. I was receiving the P0340 error.
After reading the many tips on this site I decided to change the cam postioner sensor.
So far I have driven close to 750 miles and have not had any problems. Thanks again to the ones who share their knowledge on this site.

T

·
Registered
24 Posts
I went to a local KRAGEN and bought that same sensor. It doesnt look like the old one but they keep telling me that it is it. In fact, its shorter than the original one. Im wondering, is this true? Also, if the cam position sensor is bad, does that mean that the individual coil wont get any power and spark?

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I don't mean to bragg or anything but I have never had problems like that at all. As a matter of fact, I still have the original battery and alternator. Hopefully it can hold on until I sell it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.