DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my 96 LHS overheated the other day, needle went all the way to the H.

I'm bringing it to the mechanic tomorrow morning at 8 AM, asking them to take a look, but getting the timing belt and water pump replaced.

I'm bringing it to the dealership one day this week to get the car fixed for a fuel recall.

I was thinking about bringing it to Pep Boys or somewhere local to get all the fluids drained and refilled, just because the car is old.

What else do you recommend me doing to it? My mom's boyfriend who gave me the car said he had it tuned up in Pennsylvania... but the mechanic who's doing my timing belt/water pump tomorrow said it looks like it was never done.

I just want a clean slate with my car, preventative maintenance, whatever needs to be done. Any ideas? I was thinking about asking the mechanic or the dealership...but I don't want to get raped.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
if you're really interested in saving some cash, everything you listed can be done in your driveway. A water pump and belt replacement is going to cost a few bucks and is not necessarily the cause of your overheating problem.

Whenever you drop it off at a place and say "take a look" you might as well plan on motgaging the house or something because you're about to take it in the ass.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts