DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Damaged Trep...

damn...wife just called said she f-ed up the trep pretty good going through a bank drive through...

this bank has a very high curb and you have to sort of drive around it to get out of the drive through...well I guess she scraped the entire bottom-side of the car going around it. Haven't seen the car yet as she was on her way to school but she says it is very bad.

dreading seeing it...my perfect car is no longer perfect...pissed off...not really at her...accidents happen...but I don't even want to see the car...:( :( :( :( :( :(

guess I am heading to the body shop this week...there goes a couple grand down the drain.

the drive through at this bank is very poorly designed...and it is quite obvious a lot of cars have met that same curb, judging by all of the scrapes in the curb...wonder if I would have shot in small claims court?

pictures to come when she gets home...can someone host them for me? email...

:unhappy:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well...it is not as bad as she made it sound...probably can get it fixed for under $500.

I was figuring half the door panel was ripped off the way she sounded on the phone...I guess that is a good strategy...make it sound horrible and then when I see it I am relieved it is not that bad.

just a big long scratch...pretty deep but should easily be fixable...should be as good as new.

thanks for offerring to host...found another option.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mnitetrain said:
Big damn high curb??? Glad she's ok tho.
Definitely the most important thing...first thing I told her "cars can be fixed...it is not a big deal...as long as you are ok...accidents happen"

·
Registered
508 Posts
damn... glad she's ok... but ya better find a different branch location or get a new bank.... my father in-law has a really high curb when driving up his driveway.... you have to do the same thing... I just go through his front yard just to piss him off :D :D

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Oh no! Well I'm glad it's not as bad as I imagined when I read the thread title, but still, not something you want to see. No worries, it'll be perfect again.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Good thing it's not as bad as the thread title :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Someone hit my car in the lot at work. They hit where the front fender meets the door and scraped along the door. It didn't look bad at all but to have the two panels painted it was $500 even with my "Customer Of The Year" status at my local bodyshop.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
WTF do they have a curb that high for? Glad she's ok. Have you considered changing banks as a way to tell your bank that they had a crappy drive-thru design?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'd definitely make this an issue with the local branch manager.

Photo's of the curb with your car parked alongside "and" a measurable scale (ruler or whatever...) in view might provide compelling evidence of a nuisance that they were negligent in repairing.

Perhaps you should pose the question of what their liability would be if somebody twisted an ankle and fell because of the seawall they have in place along the drivethrough....

Just an idea.

Cheddar

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
OK, two thoughts
1. Instead of painting the whole bottom grey (or any other color), how about just a fancy stripe and leave the very bottom red? Maybe you could look into some vinyl graphics that would cost less

2. Photograph the offending curb and submit it to the bank along with photo of your car. Make sure that all the different colors show up on the curb photo. Then politely threaten to take your business to another bank if they refuse to compensate you for damages. It's obvious that other people have hit this and will continue to hit it if they are not made aware of the dissatisfaction stemming from their neglect.

Just my thoughts...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Methman said:
I wanted to see what your car loked like with geey trim, and i like dit, so im gonna share it.
You know that does not look half bad...not going to happen but looks interesting.

Thanks for the ideas with the bank...I am definitely going to take pictures of everything and write a letter. I am going through my insurance so only $250 of the repair will come out of pocket but would be great if I could get the bank to pick that up.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Oof! Sorry to hear about this, but hey, it happens, and you're right, cars (and paint) can be replaced, people can't. Can't wait to see the car when it's all repaired.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts