DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wondering if there are major engine mods out there for the 2.7l or am I better off stickin my pride and joy 360 that sits in my ram in my 03 trep?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
There is nothing you can do for a 2.7.

You'd be better of selling the Intrepid and buying a slightly used Charger with more horsepower.

Just remember: More horsepower = More cash.

·
Registered
452 Posts
grab a 3.5 from the yard and get to work! you can do plenty to that baby.... not to much modding is required to get it in, and i believe i have heard of guys even running the 3.5 with a 2.7 ECU

not sure of if the 360 you have will fit, not to mention drive lines, transmission, computers... but you could find engine bay dimensions easy enough from FSM.

·
Registered
452 Posts
speak with daytrepper, he has a manual detailing the swap, and knows a ton about these cars...

the 3.5 itself is a huge upgrade, add in you already will have the 2.7 transmission gears (larger ratio) and that your willing to invest serious cash into it.

And can be modded into a 4.0 with a larger crank, throw on some 93-94 heads (higher comp) but make the intake valves bigger as they are 1mm smaller in 93-97 rather then 98-04, throw some aftermarket cams in, and i think youll be very happy, a few members are even running nitro in their rebuilt 4.0s

·
Registered
452 Posts
hehe looking forward to it! just search 4.0 at the searchbox top of page and youll see everything you need to know about the 3.5-4.0 modding

·
Woober Goobers!
50,017 Posts
There is nothing you can do for a 2.7.

You'd be better of selling the Intrepid and buying a slightly used Charger with more horsepower.

Just remember: More horsepower = More cash.
^....x2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts